Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart to Break-Up Because of Oscars and Work?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | December 3, 2012 6:30 PM EST
Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart may be back together as a couple but their relationship is again, rocky. The two may break up because of their work.
Some reports claimed the relationship is still on the rocks, despite reuniting following Stewart's cheating scandal with "Snow White and the Huntsman" director Rupert Sanders. Since they refuse to talk about their relationship, they leave the door open to tabloid rumor and speculation.
The Twilight couple knows that wherever they go, they cause pandemonium. Thus, they try to keep it low by attending events alone.
Recently, Kristen was spotted out at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' 4th Annual Governors Awards at the Hollywood and Highland Center in Los Angeles yesterday. It was a good place to get face time with Academy members who will vote on Oscars.
Kristen may be hoping, by her presence, to keep her performance in "On the Road" in the forefront of Oscar voters' mind for a possible Academy Award nomination. She strongly believes in the picture and feels the film is her best work to date.
The event drew Hollywood heavyweights like Amy Adams, Helen Hunt, Will Smith, Tom Hanks, Virgina Madsen, George Lucas and Quentin Tarantino, so the networking opportunities were ample.
Kristen Stewart looked radiant wearing a black and silver lace Talbot Runhoff dress paired with Christian Louboutin shoes. As the actress was dressed to kill, a photo from the awards show revealed she was seated next to Sen. Al Franken.
Presentations for honorary Oscars were awarded to D.A. Pennebaker, George Stevens, Jr., Hal Needham and Jeffrey Katzenberg. While the event recognized the recipient's lifetime achievements, it was also a time for actors to meet with members of the Academy who will cast their votes for the 2013 Oscar contenders.
On the other hand, Rob was spotted in Hollywood on November 30 at a luncheon at Osteria Mozza celebrating Richard Gere's new movie, "Arbitrage."
Their relationship will be tested when Rob and Kristen start working again on separate projects. She is slated to film a sequel of "Snow White," without Sanders. Rob has two films in the works and is bound to Australia to shoot his upcoming film.
Moreover, if Stewart were nominated for an Academy Award for her performance in "On the Road," not only would her career change, but possibly her relationship with Robert Pattinson could be affected.
An Academy Award nomination is not only an incredibly honor, but it brings with it better film roles, more choices and greater salary demands. Should Stewart land a nomination or win, her career would be catapulted into a new dimension.
Even with Pattinson's support and encouragement, there is a possibility that he might feel a bit envious over Stewart's success. As Stewart and Pattinson have co-starred in the "Twilight Saga" films for the past four years, there is a chance that they have viewed each other on the same acting level.
While Pattinson and Stewart might easily recognize that they are both the same people as before, something as big as an Oscar nomination or win could pose a threat to the relationship.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Kylie Jenner Admits Butting Heads With Kim Kardashian And Reveals Plans To Move Out
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet