South Australia Health Mulling to Terminate 105 Jobs
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | December 3, 2012 4:42 PM EST
Spurred by budget cuts, the state government of South Australia is mulling to terminate 105 jobs across its non-hospital health services as a result of budget streamlining measures.
In a review of non-hospital based services that was commissioned in August, the proposal to could translate to a savings of $14.79 million for the state government, according to David Swan, SA Health chief executive.
The recommendations of job terminations, which have been put up for public consultation until early February 2013, if approved, would be implemented by 2014-15. It is not clear, however, if the terminations will be done in one sweep or carried out by batches.
The "reconfiguring " would be carried over a range of services, which include children's, youth and women's services, residential care support, elderly care, health promotion, a practice nurse program and an Aboriginal workforce initiative.
But Mr Swan clarified no forced redundancies would be meted out.
John Hill, SA Health Minister, announced in late October that the state government, to accumulate savings and reduce unnecessary spending, would terminate by 2015-16 some 249 full-time jobs in health services, hospitals, and even within the Health Department.
An additional 100 clinical jobs could also go through enterprise bargaining negotiations from mid 2013, he added.
A copy of the SA Health's report and its recommendations may be downloaded at www.sahealth.sa.gov.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- China Crackdown Against Christianity: Removes Church Cross, Cites Building Code Violation
- Australia’s Richest People Under 30 in 2014
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date