South Australia Health Mulling to Terminate 105 Jobs
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | December 3, 2012 4:42 PM EST
Spurred by budget cuts, the state government of South Australia is mulling to terminate 105 jobs across its non-hospital health services as a result of budget streamlining measures.
In a review of non-hospital based services that was commissioned in August, the proposal to could translate to a savings of $14.79 million for the state government, according to David Swan, SA Health chief executive.
The recommendations of job terminations, which have been put up for public consultation until early February 2013, if approved, would be implemented by 2014-15. It is not clear, however, if the terminations will be done in one sweep or carried out by batches.
The "reconfiguring " would be carried over a range of services, which include children's, youth and women's services, residential care support, elderly care, health promotion, a practice nurse program and an Aboriginal workforce initiative.
But Mr Swan clarified no forced redundancies would be meted out.
John Hill, SA Health Minister, announced in late October that the state government, to accumulate savings and reduce unnecessary spending, would terminate by 2015-16 some 249 full-time jobs in health services, hospitals, and even within the Health Department.
An additional 100 clinical jobs could also go through enterprise bargaining negotiations from mid 2013, he added.
A copy of the SA Health's report and its recommendations may be downloaded at www.sahealth.sa.gov.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Russia Warns Citizens – Take Selfies, Have Lice
- The Cost Of Getting Infected With Ebola
- Ebola Divides The US: More States Begin Applying Stricter Guidelines Than What CDC Imposed
- Canadian House Owners Preferring To Live In Core City Than In Suburbs: Study
- FIFA May Keep Russia and Ukraine Apart in World Cup 2018
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family