South Australia Health Mulling to Terminate 105 Jobs
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | December 3, 2012 4:42 PM EST
Spurred by budget cuts, the state government of South Australia is mulling to terminate 105 jobs across its non-hospital health services as a result of budget streamlining measures.
In a review of non-hospital based services that was commissioned in August, the proposal to could translate to a savings of $14.79 million for the state government, according to David Swan, SA Health chief executive.
The recommendations of job terminations, which have been put up for public consultation until early February 2013, if approved, would be implemented by 2014-15. It is not clear, however, if the terminations will be done in one sweep or carried out by batches.
The "reconfiguring " would be carried over a range of services, which include children's, youth and women's services, residential care support, elderly care, health promotion, a practice nurse program and an Aboriginal workforce initiative.
But Mr Swan clarified no forced redundancies would be meted out.
John Hill, SA Health Minister, announced in late October that the state government, to accumulate savings and reduce unnecessary spending, would terminate by 2015-16 some 249 full-time jobs in health services, hospitals, and even within the Health Department.
An additional 100 clinical jobs could also go through enterprise bargaining negotiations from mid 2013, he added.
A copy of the SA Health's report and its recommendations may be downloaded at www.sahealth.sa.gov.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Vatican 2014 Final Synod Report: Gays Still ‘Unwelcome’ in Catholic Church, LGBT Thankful for First Step
- New Zealand Losing $9.4 Billion Every Year to Fraud
- 5 Cities With The Highest Cost Of Living In 2014
- Family Of Ebola Nurse Patient Hires Lawyer To Clear Things Up, Refutes CDC Claims; Agency Revises Guidelines
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu