Hottest Temperature Threatens December Weather in Brisbane, Australia
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 3, 2012 3:46 PM EST
Temperature in Brisbane, Australia is predicted to reach a scorching 39 degrees Celsius on Tuesday which is 10 degrees higher than the average heat in December.
According to the weather bureau, this hottest December temperature plus the gusty winds may possibly ignite more bushfires around Queensland's capital city.
The predicted temperature is a little bit below the recorded 41.2 degrees Celsius in December 1981. It would also indicate the hottest day on the month of December since 2001 where the temperature rocketed to 40 degrees Celsius on Christmas Eve.
Meanwhile, the temperature forecast comes after the fire at Beachmere, north of Brisbane, where firefighters have been battling the inferno since Saturday.
Michelle Berry, senior duty forecaster, stated the weather bureau is thinking about issuing an official bushfire warning on Tuesday for Queensland's southeast corner as the west to northwesterly winds threaten to reach 50km/h.
"We're looking at gusty winds, very dry conditions and very hot temperatures. This is the kind of temperature that is well and truly above average. We're looking at an increasing fire danger," Berry told the Australian Associated Press on Monday.
A worse fire threat for Brisbane is estimated to continue until Wednesday despite the temperature drop back to 32 degrees Celsius. "We're expecting windy conditions and dry air," Berry stated.
Temperatures at Ipswich and the Lockyer Valley are also forecasted to heat up at 41 degrees on Tuesday compared to the other hot temperatures of 40 degrees at Emerald in central Queensland, 38 degrees in Rockhampton and 39 degrees at Weipa in the state's far north.
A much cooler weather will most likely occur on the upcoming days in the western Queensland towns of Mt Isa, Birdsville and Longreach after the temperatures rose above 40 degrees Celsius for three successive days.
However, Brisbane must have to wait until Thursday before the temperatures drop down to 28 degrees which is below the average for the month of December.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Search Efforts Not Affected by MH17 Recovery; Australia Still Committed to Solving Mystery
- Another Aviation Disaster: Taiwan Plane Crashes, Passengers Aboard Feared Dead [PHOTO]
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Former Destiny’s Child Star Farrah Franklin Arrested
- Asylum Seeker Women in Australia-Run Christmas Island Attempt Suicide in Desperation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales