Samsung Galaxy S4 Rumors: Eight Core Processor, HTC Droid DNA-like Screen Display?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | December 3, 2012 3:24 PM EST
New rumors are swirling around the successor of Samsung's flagship phone Samsung Galaxy S3 that it will be equipped with two quad-core processors that could make it the first eight-core smartphone on the market as well as a full HD display similar to HTC Droid DNA's.
Fueled by the success of Samsung Galaxy S3 which sold over 30 million units worldwide, Samsung is rumored to be prepping up for the release of the next generation of the smartphone.
The revolutionary Samsung Galaxy S3 wowed consumers with its massive screen display, 4G/LTE and NFC support and other unique and advanced features and technologies.
The rumors were first reported by the Korean news agency EETimes, the two quad-core chips will not be identical, however. Instead, one will be more powerful than the other, and system processes would be allocated to either chip in what should be a more energy-efficient manner.
It was previously reported that the Samsung Galaxy S4 will sport a 5-inch full HD display with full 1080p and a whopping 440 pixels per inch. The Galaxy S4 might also sport a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera, which will intimate other smartphones with 8MP back shooters.
The handset should come with a minimum of 2GB RAM, although there are reports that Samsung is testing an unidentified smartphone with 3GB RAM.
Samsung also began mass producing 128GB memory chips for smartphones and tablets earlier this year, and we could see storage capacities that high as early as next year. With this, the Samsung will continue its reign in producing devices with large storage capacity.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 is suspected to be released at the Mobile World Congress in February in Barcelona, Spain. However, Samsung may also plan something really big or its separate launching event taken that this is the next generation of Samsung's best-selling smartphone.
However, Samsung kept mum on the rumors surrounding the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S4. There is no official comment from the South Korea's tech giant.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced