Sensex Expected To Rise Monday Amid Upbeat China Data
By Naagesh N. | December 3, 2012 2:42 PM EST
India’s Sensex is expected to rise Monday as investor confidence is anticipated to be lifted following the report that China's manufacturing activity expanded in November to a seven-month high, giving the indication that the world’s second-largest economy is reviving its growth momentum.
The data released Saturday by the China Federation of Logistics & Purchasing showed that the Purchasing Managers' Index rose to 50.6 in November from 50.2 in October. Significantly, the index remained in the expansion zone, a reading above 50. The expansion of the manufacturing activity should allay fears of a sharp retardation of the Chinese economy.
On Monday, Japan's Nikkei Stock Average was up 0.66 percent, or 62.25 points, to 9508.26. Among major gainers were Shimizu Corp (5.24 percent), Chiyoda Corp (4.89 percent) and Taisei Corp (4.46 percent).
Hong Kong's Hang Seng rose 0.20 percent, or 45.15 points, to 22075.54. Among major gainers were China Resources Land Ltd (3.38 percent) and Sino Land Co Ltd (1.43 percent).
On Friday, the U.S. stocks remained as investors maintained a cautious mode awaiting President Barack Obama and the Congressional leaders to make advances in reaching conciliation to avert the fiscal cliff. The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.03 percent, the S&P 500 Index was up 0.02 percent and the Nasdaq Composite Index dropped 0.06 percent.
European markets were mixed Friday following global cues. London's FTSE 100 was down 3.48 points, Germany's DAX 30 index rose 4.54 points and France's CAC 40 declined 11.60 points.
Last week, Indian market climbed as investor confidence was lifted following the reaffirmation by Moody’s rating agency that India’s outlook is stable on views that the economic growth is getting back on track.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Australian Stock Market Report – Afternoon September 16, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Afternoon September 17, 2014
- Financial Intelligence Agency Suspends Sydney Remittance Firm Over Suspicions It Is Used To Finance Terrorism In Middle East
- Australian Stock Market Report – Morning September 17, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Morning September 18, 2014
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone