Sensex Expected To Rise Monday Amid Upbeat China Data
By Naagesh N. | December 3, 2012 2:42 PM EST
India’s Sensex is expected to rise Monday as investor confidence is anticipated to be lifted following the report that China's manufacturing activity expanded in November to a seven-month high, giving the indication that the world’s second-largest economy is reviving its growth momentum.
The data released Saturday by the China Federation of Logistics & Purchasing showed that the Purchasing Managers' Index rose to 50.6 in November from 50.2 in October. Significantly, the index remained in the expansion zone, a reading above 50. The expansion of the manufacturing activity should allay fears of a sharp retardation of the Chinese economy.
On Monday, Japan's Nikkei Stock Average was up 0.66 percent, or 62.25 points, to 9508.26. Among major gainers were Shimizu Corp (5.24 percent), Chiyoda Corp (4.89 percent) and Taisei Corp (4.46 percent).
Hong Kong's Hang Seng rose 0.20 percent, or 45.15 points, to 22075.54. Among major gainers were China Resources Land Ltd (3.38 percent) and Sino Land Co Ltd (1.43 percent).
On Friday, the U.S. stocks remained as investors maintained a cautious mode awaiting President Barack Obama and the Congressional leaders to make advances in reaching conciliation to avert the fiscal cliff. The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.03 percent, the S&P 500 Index was up 0.02 percent and the Nasdaq Composite Index dropped 0.06 percent.
European markets were mixed Friday following global cues. London's FTSE 100 was down 3.48 points, Germany's DAX 30 index rose 4.54 points and France's CAC 40 declined 11.60 points.
Last week, Indian market climbed as investor confidence was lifted following the reaffirmation by Moody’s rating agency that India’s outlook is stable on views that the economic growth is getting back on track.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers