Sensex Expected To Rise Monday Amid Upbeat China Data
By Naagesh N. | December 3, 2012 2:42 PM EST
India’s Sensex is expected to rise Monday as investor confidence is anticipated to be lifted following the report that China's manufacturing activity expanded in November to a seven-month high, giving the indication that the world’s second-largest economy is reviving its growth momentum.
The data released Saturday by the China Federation of Logistics & Purchasing showed that the Purchasing Managers' Index rose to 50.6 in November from 50.2 in October. Significantly, the index remained in the expansion zone, a reading above 50. The expansion of the manufacturing activity should allay fears of a sharp retardation of the Chinese economy.
On Monday, Japan's Nikkei Stock Average was up 0.66 percent, or 62.25 points, to 9508.26. Among major gainers were Shimizu Corp (5.24 percent), Chiyoda Corp (4.89 percent) and Taisei Corp (4.46 percent).
Hong Kong's Hang Seng rose 0.20 percent, or 45.15 points, to 22075.54. Among major gainers were China Resources Land Ltd (3.38 percent) and Sino Land Co Ltd (1.43 percent).
On Friday, the U.S. stocks remained as investors maintained a cautious mode awaiting President Barack Obama and the Congressional leaders to make advances in reaching conciliation to avert the fiscal cliff. The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.03 percent, the S&P 500 Index was up 0.02 percent and the Nasdaq Composite Index dropped 0.06 percent.
European markets were mixed Friday following global cues. London's FTSE 100 was down 3.48 points, Germany's DAX 30 index rose 4.54 points and France's CAC 40 declined 11.60 points.
Last week, Indian market climbed as investor confidence was lifted following the reaffirmation by Moody’s rating agency that India’s outlook is stable on views that the economic growth is getting back on track.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy
- Ebola Divides The US: More States Begin Applying Stricter Guidelines Than What CDC Imposed
- Russia Succeeds Where US Fails: ISS NASA Antares Rocket Explosion Meant to Happen; Russia Successfully Launches Cargo Ship
- FIFA May Keep Russia and Ukraine Apart in World Cup 2018
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family