San Francisco 49ers Vs St. Louis Rams: Where To Watch Online Stream, Preview, Betting Odds
December 3, 2012 2:14 AM EST
Colin Kaepernick will make his third straight start as the San Francisco 49ers square off against the St. Louis Rams Sunday at Edward Jones Dome.
Now-former starter Alex Smith went down with a concussion three weeks ago, and appears to have lost job permanently.
San Francisco head coach Jim Harbaugh gave conflicting answers earlier this week as to who the quarterback of the future is for the 49ers, but it seems it doesn’t matter who is under center for the first-place NFC West club.
Helped by two uncharacteristic Drew Brees interceptions, the 49ers downed the New Orleans Saints 31-21 last week. Kaepernick went 16-for-25 for 231 yards with one passing and one rushing touchdown and tossed one interception, while running back Frank Gore chipped in 83 yards on 19 carries, and one receiving touchdown.
The 49ers also overcame 10 penalties for a loss of 68 yards and two turnovers.
San Francisco’s new starter may have trouble against St. Louis’s top cornerbacks, Cortland Finnegan and Janoris Jenkins.
Jenkins returned two interceptions for touchdowns last week in the Rams 31-17 rout of the Arizona Cardinals. As a team, St. Louis picked off Arizona’s Ryan Lindley four times, and running back Steven Jackson had a season-high 139 yards rushing.
Quarterback Sam Bradford went 8-for-17 for 205 yards with two touchdowns and one pick, connecting with receiver Chris Givens five times for 115 yards and a score for the Rams first road win of the season.
These two teams met three weeks ago, and recorded the first tie in the NFL since 2008. In that game, Kapernick filled in for Smith for the first time, and Jackson had his first 100-yard rushing game of the season.
St. Louis receiver Danny Amendola also had 11 receptions for 102 yards in that game, but may not get to repeat that performance Sunday. He is listed as doubtful due to a foot injury.
The game begins at 1 p.m. EDT and will be shown by FOX, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Betting Odds: San Francisco is favored by 7.5 points
Over/Under: 41 points
Prediction: Kaepernick will struggle against the Rams secondary, while Bradford will have an equally difficult time against the 49ers stout defense. This game will be decided by the running backs, with St. Louis prevailing with a strong second half.
Predicted Score: St. Louis 20 , San Francisco 17
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Renewed Hope for Blues, as Paul Pogba's Agent Revealed that 'Anything is Possible'
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Receives Mixed Reactions on Twitter
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports