Apple iPhone 5 Gets Approval from China; Will Hit Market on Dec 14
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 2, 2012 6:57 PM EST
The Cupertino-based firm had been waiting an approval to make its iPhone 5 available to China since its launch in September. The company said that iPhone 5 will debut in China's market on Dec 14. Ahead of iPhone 5 launch Apple's other devices like WiFi-only version of iPad mini and iPad 4 will also debut in the market on Dec 7.
According to reports, the delay in entry of Apple's latest device has prompted its fans in China to switch to other available brands in the market. Despite the delay, fans are nonetheless excited by the news of the arrival of iPhone 5.
The Website Telecom Regulatory Authority of China has showcased two iPhone 5 models which received approval.The two variants include A1429 - a WCDMA model that runs on China Unicom's network, and the A1442 - a CDMA model that runs on China Telecom Corp's network.
According to the latest report by research firm Gartner, the sales of mobile phones in China have gone up due to the rising demand for smartphones.
"In China, sales of mobile phones grew driven by sales of smartphones, while demand of feature phones remained weak," the report said.
China's second-largest mobile network Unicom's chairman had earlier expressed that with the entry of iPhone 5 in the market 3G users are expected to touch 100 million in the country by the end of the year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Hoax Alert: 'Ebola Vaccine Only Works on White Skin' Viral Story Not True
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- New Zealand PM John Key Aware of Kiwis Joining ISIS; New Zealand Not Ready For Airstrikes
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate