Oklahoma Vs. TCU: Where To Watch Online Stream, Prediction, Point Spread, And Preview For Saturday’s Game
December 2, 2012 2:03 AM EST
Looking to close out the season with a five-game winning streak, the Oklahoma Sooners square off against the TCU Horned Frogs Saturday afternoon at Amon Carter Stadium.
The No. 12 Sooners are fresh off their 51-48 overtime win against in-state rival Oklahoma State last week, led by quarterback Landry Jones 500 passing yards and three touchdowns.
On a night when Jones became the all-time passer in Big-12 history, he led Oklahoma on the game-tying drive capped by a four yard run by Blake Bell in regulation, and the game-winning score by Brennan Clay’s 18-yard scamper.
Jalen Saunders was Jones’ top target, catching 10 balls for 162 yards and a touchdown, but the Sooners had to overcome two late turnovers and just 106 rushing yards. Oklahoma was averaging over 160 rushing yards per game.
The Sooners take on a TCU team that will end its season by facing the five ranked opponents in their final six games.
The 7-4 Horned Frogs walked away with their biggest win of the season last week, beating Texas 20-13 by forcing four turnovers and gaining 217 rushing yards.
TCU quarterback Trevone Boykin led his team with 82 passing yards and 77 rushing yards, and running back Matthew Tucker scored both Horned Frogs’ touchdowns on runs of two yards and one yard.
The TCU secondary forced Texas quarterback David Ash to throw two interceptions, and picked off his replacement, Case McCoy, once.
Junior quarterback Jason Verrett leads the Horned Frogs with six interceptions this season, including one against Texas.
Betting Odds: Oklahoma is favored by 14 points.
Over/Under: 61 points
Prediction: Jones has been on fire this season, and if the Oklahoma run the ball effectively there is little chance for the Horned Frogs. Look for TCU to keep this game close, but Oklahoma will blow it open late in the second half.
Predicted Score: Oklahoma 31, TCU 20
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop