Amazon to Launch Kindle Smartphone
By Rohit KVN | December 1, 2012 10:36 PM EST
Amazon is planning to bring out its own brand of Kindle smartphone; it is reported that Foxconn has grabbed the contract for manufacturing the Kindle smartphone.
Taiwan-based technology newspaper DigiTimes was the first to report that Foxconn International Holding (FIH) had won the handset orders from Amazon.
The report further stated that Amazon intends to launch the smartphone as early as mid 2013.
Amazon Chief Jeff Bezos in a recent interview with Charlie Rose of Forbes demurred and said "You'll just have to wait and see," when asked about the speculations regarding Amazon's smartphone venture.
With the entry of Amazon in the smartphone market, the stage is set for more rivalry between Apple, Samsung and Amazon who are already fighting over their shares in the tablet market.
Amazon has a strong foothold in the low-cost tablet market. According to reports, Amazon currently holds 21 percent market share in the U.S. tablet market only second to Apple which has 52 percent market share. Samsung completes the top three with a meager 8 percent.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast