The Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (P7300) has received an update to Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)) from the original Android 3.2 (Honeycomb version). The update can be accessed via the Samsung Kies software or as a manual installation. The latter option will need Odin pre-installed on a computer.
- PDA: P7300XXLQ6
- CSC: P7300OXALQ6
- Version: 4.0.4
IBTimes UK warns users this is an official update for the Galaxy Tab 8.9, which means the device will become unrooted after completion. Ensure appropriate USB drivers are installed before proceeding. This tutorial is compatible only with the Galaxy Tab 8.9 (P7300).
- Enable USB debugging
- Ensure drivers are installed on PC
- Ensure battery has at least 80 percent charge
To Install XXLQ6 Android 4.0.4 Official Firmware on Galaxy Tab 8.9 (P7300)
- Download Android 4.0.4 P7300XXLQ6 and Odin 3.07 to computer
- Turn device off and enter Download Mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons until Samsung logo appears. Wait for a screen with options to boot into Recovery and then press Volume Up to highlight Download Mode and press Power button to select and boot in Download Mode)
- Open Odin in computer and connect device while in Download Mode
- If the device has been connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow
- Choose files to be flashed on the tablet. The files have to obtained from the extracted files in the first step
- Click on PDA and choose CODE
- Click on Phone and choose MODEM
- Click on CSC and choose CSC
- Click on PIT and choose .pit
- Check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options in Odin
- Hit Start button in Odin to begin flashing process
- Once flashing completes, a message reading Pass will appear, against a green background, in Odin. The device will then reboot by itself. Disconnect the device from PC only when Samsung logo appears
Congratulations... the Galaxy Tab 8.9 should now be updated to XXLQ6 ICS official firmware.
[Source: Android Jinn]
To contact the editor, e-mail: