Install Windows Phone 8 Style Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 [GUIDE]
By Vinod Yalburgi | December 1, 2012 9:55 PM EST
Galaxy Note 2 N7100 users already enjoy a powerful phone with great processing power, a stunning display and striking features. But some users still want more, and are prepared to install custom ROMs to get it.
If you are one such power user, the WP8 (Windows Phone 8) Style Jelly Bean ROM could be what you have been waiting for.
With due credit to XDA Developers member boyppc, the WP8 Style ROM reportedly assures stability, fast performance and a tailor-made Windows Phone 8 launcher. The ROM is said to be based on XXALJ7 firmware. It comes with a new lock screen and dock, and adds RAM and speed optimisations.
Key Points to Note
- The WP8 Style ROM and the instructions provided in this guide are compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 model only and will not work with any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- IBTimes UK advises users to back up apps, important data and settings to avoid data loss while installing the WP8 Style Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
- The instructions given in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the WP8 Style Jelly Bean ROM. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Ensure that your Galaxy Note 2 device is rooted with ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) preinstalled on it.
- Keep your phone's USB cable handy for enabling USB connectivity with the computer.
- Download the WP8 Style ROM package to your computer from one of the links below:
- Verify that your phone's battery has at least 75 percent charge to avoid unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while installing the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update.
How to Install WP8 Style Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy Note 2 N7100
1. Copy the downloaded ROM package to the root folder on your phone's SD card.
2. Power off your phone and boot into CWM Recovery. To do so, press and hold down the Home, Volume Up, and Power keys together until the phone boots into recovery.
NOTE: Use Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an item or option in Recovery.
3. Take a NANDroid backup of your existing ROM. Now, select Backup and Restore and hit Backup.
4. Choose Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on next screen.
5. Choose Wipe cache partition and confirm the action.
6. Hit Advanced and choose Wipe Dalvik cache. Confirm the action on next screen.
7. Click Install ZIP from SD card.
8. Tap Choose ZIP from SD card and navigate to the ROM ZIP file that you copied to your phone earlier. Select the file and confirm the action to begin the ROM installation on your phone.
9. Once the ROM is installed, hit Go back and tap Reboot System Now. Your Note 2 will now Reboot to the newly installed ROM
WP8 Style ROM is now successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
[Source: Android Authority]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Grimm Season 4 Spoilers: Comic-Con Answers Served, Nick 'Un-Grimmed' Affects His Wesen Friends' Honeymoon
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast