Seven Killed As Bus Catches Fire Near Nagpur
By Sree Vazhakode | December 1, 2012 8:14 PM EST
At least seven people, including two children, were burned to death on Saturday, when a private luxury bus halted on a highway in Nagpur, Maharashtra, caught fire.
The bus developed a technical snag and was halted on the Nagpur-Hinganghat highway near Jam Village.
The bus was carrying a marriage party and was headed to to Hinganghat when the fire broke out in the vehicle, police officer Ajay Awachat said, according to PTI.
"As the driver and his assistant were examining the engine, it was suddenly engulfed in flames, catching them unawares," the officer said.
"However, they escaped with minor injuries but the passengers were hit badly," he said, as reported by IANS.
Police are investigating the matter and the exact cause for the fire is not yet known.
The dead included two women and two children and six other passengers suffered burns in the mishap.
The deceased are yet to be identified.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- ISIS Taking U.S.-Airdropped Weapons An 'Embarrassment'; Another Yazidi Massacre Looming [VIDEO]
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports