Seven Killed As Bus Catches Fire Near Nagpur
By Sree Vazhakode | December 1, 2012 8:14 PM EST
At least seven people, including two children, were burned to death on Saturday, when a private luxury bus halted on a highway in Nagpur, Maharashtra, caught fire.
The bus developed a technical snag and was halted on the Nagpur-Hinganghat highway near Jam Village.
The bus was carrying a marriage party and was headed to to Hinganghat when the fire broke out in the vehicle, police officer Ajay Awachat said, according to PTI.
"As the driver and his assistant were examining the engine, it was suddenly engulfed in flames, catching them unawares," the officer said.
"However, they escaped with minor injuries but the passengers were hit badly," he said, as reported by IANS.
Police are investigating the matter and the exact cause for the fire is not yet known.
The dead included two women and two children and six other passengers suffered burns in the mishap.
The deceased are yet to be identified.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Top 5 Halloween 2014 Costume Ideas For Teen Boys
- ISIS Parades 30 Sunni Tribesmen Before Shooting Them Dead In Iraqi Town
- Video Showing Woman Getting Sexually Harassed on New York Streets Goes Viral
- Early Heat Wave Breaks Records In Australia; Lighting Storms Spark Bushfires In Queensland [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight