Seven Killed As Bus Catches Fire Near Nagpur
By Sree Vazhakode | December 1, 2012 8:14 PM EST
At least seven people, including two children, were burned to death on Saturday, when a private luxury bus halted on a highway in Nagpur, Maharashtra, caught fire.
The bus developed a technical snag and was halted on the Nagpur-Hinganghat highway near Jam Village.
The bus was carrying a marriage party and was headed to to Hinganghat when the fire broke out in the vehicle, police officer Ajay Awachat said, according to PTI.
"As the driver and his assistant were examining the engine, it was suddenly engulfed in flames, catching them unawares," the officer said.
"However, they escaped with minor injuries but the passengers were hit badly," he said, as reported by IANS.
Police are investigating the matter and the exact cause for the fire is not yet known.
The dead included two women and two children and six other passengers suffered burns in the mishap.
The deceased are yet to be identified.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Spotted All Smiles, Sickness Seems Over
- 14 Contestants For Miss Hitler 2014 Beauty Pageant Organised By Russian Equivalent Of Facebook
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- 63-Year-Old Admits He Has Made Love To More Than 700 Cars But Now Remains Faithful To Just One Beetle
- Top Fake News Websites - Be Aware Or Beware
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage