Is Lindsay Lohan Drinking 2 Liters Of Vodka A Day? LiLo’s Alleged Bender
By Maria Vultaggio | December 1, 2012 11:31 AM EST
Actress Lindsay Lohan is reportedly drinking two liters of vodka a day to drown her sorrows and legal woes, TMZ said.
It wasn’t all that long ago that Lohan’s dreams of a Hollywood comeback appeared somewhat possible. But then everyone actually saw “Liz & Dick,” and her performance failed to impress the masses.
Just days after the television film's premiere, Lohan was arrested on suspicion of punching a psychic in the face at a New York club, where the troubled redhead was placed in handcuffs yet again.
Lohan was allegedly so inebriated she may have believed psychic Tiffany Eve Mitchell, the unsuspecting woman who eventually got punched in the face, had something to do with the disappearance of a handbag containing $10,000, the New York Post reported. The bag was later found.
But descriptions of Lohan’s state of mind vary, depending on who is talking about her latest scandal.
“She was certainly not intoxicated, certainly not under the influence of drugs," Lohan’s lawyer told E Online. "She was clear [and] lucid, her eyes were clear. No alcohol involvement whatsoever on this occasion."
But insiders who were at the New York club on the morning that Lohan reportedly punched Mitchell told TMZ that she's been drinking "heavily for months now.”
The sources told TMZ she was drinking “as much as two liters of vodka a day [and] would often begin drinking first thing in the morning and continue drinking throughout the day."
Lohan is set to appear in court for this latest case on Jan. 7, E Online reported, and even if she is going to be able to avoid major jail time, she’ll probably need some intense counceling to get her on the right track again.
Dina Lohan, her mother, reportedly told tabloids that times like these make families stronger.
"As a mother you always love and pray for the best with all your children," Dina Lohan told E Online. "Our family's bond grows deeper and stronger during the tough times, and I am beyond proud of all of my children for the love and devotion they provide for each other. We are there for and stand by one another unconditionally. Many thanks to all that have expressed concern for my daughter. Your compassionate thoughts and prayers are received with my deepest gratitude."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More