Magician Wayne Houchin Still in Hospital after Head Set on Fire on TV [VIDEO]
By Dominic Gover | December 1, 2012 2:13 AM EST
The magician who almost lost his life after his head was set on fire in front of millions of television viewers is still in hospital.
Wayne Houchin was doused in burning liquid live on a TV show in the Dominican Republic and fought frantically to douse the flames engulfing his face.
The attack was reportedly carried out by the host of the TV show Approach the Stars. He was named locally as Franklin Barazarte, who doubles up as director.
Medical experts in a nearby treatment room gave Houchin immediate emergency care before he was he was rushed to hospital for further treatment.
It was not known if Houchin will be permanently disgifured. But after discussions with doctors he said he was optimistic.
He told followers on Twitter: "The Dominican Republic is a beautiful country full of beautiful people. The outrage here and outpouring of support has been incredible.
"The support and love sent my way through social media, blogs, forums, friends and fans has been both humbling and overwhelming. Thank you."
Among the well-wishers was world famouse magic man David Copperfield.
His supporters hit back at some sections of the local press who praised the assault. Super Magazine said that the attack was "divine justice" for his TV "witchcraft."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Top 5 Halloween 2014 Costume Ideas For Teen Boys
- ISIS Parades 30 Sunni Tribesmen Before Shooting Them Dead In Iraqi Town
- Video Showing Woman Getting Sexually Harassed on New York Streets Goes Viral
- Early Heat Wave Breaks Records In Australia; Lighting Storms Spark Bushfires In Queensland [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family