West Bromwich Murder Case opens into Body of Jasbir Singh Bains Found Floating in Dartmouth Park Lake
By Hannah Osborne | December 1, 2012 12:57 AM EST
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was found floating in a West Bromwich park.
Jasbir Singh Bains was found dead in Dartmouth Park lake after his body was spotted by park staff.
They called the police and although formal identification is yet to take place, the body is believed to be that of 41-year-old Bains.
West Midlands Police have launched a murder investigation and the area round the lake has been sealed off by officers.
A post mortem showed he died from neck injuries. DCI Wayne Jones said: "The man's death is being treated as a murder investigation and we want to hear from anyone who was in or around Dartmouth Park early yesterday morning and may have seen anything.
"We urge anyone who knows anything that can help with our inquiry to come forward as soon as possible."
Dartmouth Park is undergoing a £6m restoration project supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund and Big Lottery.
Police are treating his death as suspicious.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'