West Bromwich Murder Case opens into Body of Jasbir Singh Bains Found Floating in Dartmouth Park Lake
By Hannah Osborne | December 1, 2012 12:57 AM EST
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was found floating in a West Bromwich park.
Jasbir Singh Bains was found dead in Dartmouth Park lake after his body was spotted by park staff.
They called the police and although formal identification is yet to take place, the body is believed to be that of 41-year-old Bains.
West Midlands Police have launched a murder investigation and the area round the lake has been sealed off by officers.
A post mortem showed he died from neck injuries. DCI Wayne Jones said: "The man's death is being treated as a murder investigation and we want to hear from anyone who was in or around Dartmouth Park early yesterday morning and may have seen anything.
"We urge anyone who knows anything that can help with our inquiry to come forward as soon as possible."
Dartmouth Park is undergoing a £6m restoration project supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund and Big Lottery.
Police are treating his death as suspicious.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight