West Bromwich Murder Case opens into Body of Jasbir Singh Bains Found Floating in Dartmouth Park Lake
By Hannah Osborne | December 1, 2012 12:57 AM EST
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was found floating in a West Bromwich park.
Jasbir Singh Bains was found dead in Dartmouth Park lake after his body was spotted by park staff.
They called the police and although formal identification is yet to take place, the body is believed to be that of 41-year-old Bains.
West Midlands Police have launched a murder investigation and the area round the lake has been sealed off by officers.
A post mortem showed he died from neck injuries. DCI Wayne Jones said: "The man's death is being treated as a murder investigation and we want to hear from anyone who was in or around Dartmouth Park early yesterday morning and may have seen anything.
"We urge anyone who knows anything that can help with our inquiry to come forward as soon as possible."
Dartmouth Park is undergoing a £6m restoration project supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund and Big Lottery.
Police are treating his death as suspicious.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report