West Bromwich Murder Case opens into Body of Jasbir Singh Bains Found Floating in Dartmouth Park Lake
By Hannah Osborne | December 1, 2012 12:57 AM EST
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was found floating in a West Bromwich park.
Jasbir Singh Bains was found dead in Dartmouth Park lake after his body was spotted by park staff.
They called the police and although formal identification is yet to take place, the body is believed to be that of 41-year-old Bains.
West Midlands Police have launched a murder investigation and the area round the lake has been sealed off by officers.
A post mortem showed he died from neck injuries. DCI Wayne Jones said: "The man's death is being treated as a murder investigation and we want to hear from anyone who was in or around Dartmouth Park early yesterday morning and may have seen anything.
"We urge anyone who knows anything that can help with our inquiry to come forward as soon as possible."
Dartmouth Park is undergoing a £6m restoration project supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund and Big Lottery.
Police are treating his death as suspicious.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft