The Flyme Operating System (OS) can now be ported to the Samsung Galaxy S GT i9000 smartphone. The software comes with several mods that are based on visual mods and apps. Apps and portions of Flyme reported to be working well after the port are the touch-screen, the sound system and the internal SD card. However, there are doubts over Settings.apk under the Network option, call recording, the Wi-Fi, SMS capabilities, the external SD card and a few more.
Galaxy S users interested in loading the Flyme OS can do so by following this tutorial. However, IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during installation.
- Back-up all important data
- Enable USB debugging by navigating to Settings > Development > USB Debugging and checking the relevant option
- Ensure battery has at least 60 percent charge
- Ensure the device is rooted
To Update Galaxy S with Flyme OS
- Download Flyme OS package to computer
- Connect device to computer via USB cable and copy file to device
- Disconnect device and download ROM Manager app
- In ROM Manager app, choose Enter into Recovery Mode option and boot device (you may manually enter Recovery mode by turning the device off and holding Volume Up and Home buttons while re-starting)
- Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition in Recovery mode
- Now, choose Install Zip from SD Card
Note: If device does not boot up or show Home screen then remove and re-insert battery for device to boot in normal mode.
The Samsung Galaxy S GT i9000 should now be running Flyme OS.
[Source: Android Advices]
To contact the editor, e-mail: