Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Gets AOKP M1 Based Resurrection Remix Jelly Bean ROM [How to Install]
By Vinod Yalburgi | November 30, 2012 9:16 PM EST
Resurrection Remix ROM is reportedly one of the best custom ROM Jelly Bean packages available in the Android market today. The Android 4.1.2 ROM was earlier ported to Samsung's former flagship device, the Galaxy S2.
Samsung's latest flagship device - the Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 - has now received the Resurrection Remix ROM, with due credit to XDA Developer westcrip. The custom ROM brings a host of performance enhancements, besides highly customised features such as Emergency Broadcast settings with amber alerts and support for such other local emergencies.
The ROM is reportedly built on AOKP M1 release and comprises a plethora of exciting features such as AOKP statistics, Nova/stock launcher and the ability to modify navbar targets and long press actions.
Key Points to Note
- The instructions and the software provided in this guide are compatible with the international variant Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 only and will not work with any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- IBTimes UK advises users to backup apps, important data and settings to avoid data loss while flashing the Resurrection Remix ROM on the Galaxy S3 smartphone.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for issues arising out of using the AOKP M1 based Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Make sure that your Galaxy S3 smartphone has root access with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Verify that your phone battery is at least 85 percent charged to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while performing the AOKP M1 based Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update.
- Download the Resurrection Remix v3.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM from here
- Download 3.1.2 Settings Fix utility from here
How to Update Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 to AOKP M1 Based Resurrection Remix Jelly Bean ROM
1. Copy the AOKP M1 ROM and the Settings Fix ZIP files to your phone's internal SD card.
2. Now, boot your phone into CWM Recovery. To do so, press and hold down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together until the display powers on.
NOTE: Use the Volume buttons to navigate and the Home/Power button to select an option in recovery if you are not using the touch version of CWM Recovery.
3. Take a NANDroid backup of your existing ROM. To do so, choose Backup and Restore and then hit Backup.
NOTE: You need at least 1 GB of free space on your internal SD card to make a successful backup.
4. Hit Wipe Data or Factory Reset and select Yes.
5. Click Install ZIP from SD card and then tap Choose ZIP from SD Card. Finally, select the Resurrection Remix ROM that you copied to your phone in step 1 and click Yes to confirm installation.
6. The AROMA Installer screen pops-up. Follow the onscreen instructions and enable the desired settings. Ensure that you don't select Reboot device when installation is complete.
7. Tap Wipe Cache Partition and click Yes.
8. Choose Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache and choose Yes to confirm.
9. Choose Go Back > Reboot System Now to reboot your phone.
10. Repeat steps 2 and 5 to flash the 3.1.2 Fix ZIP file as well.
11. Finally, click Go Back > Reboot System Now to restart your phone again.
You have now successfully installed the AOKP M1 ROM based Resurrection Remix 3.1.2 Jelly Bean update to your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
[Source: Android Authority]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery