China: Sex Slave Dungeon Master Forced Women to Kill One Another
By Hannah Osborne | November 30, 2012 9:14 PM EST
A man has been sentenced to death in China for keeping six women in a dungeon as sex slaves and then murdering two of them.
Li Hao, 35, was found guilty of murder, rape, organised prostitution, illegal detention and spreading pornography for profit.
He was given the death penalty at the Luoyan Luoyang Intermediate People's Court in Henan Province, Xinhua news agency has said.
The court heard how Li had dug the dungeon himself under a basement he had bought in Luoyang in 2009. He would trick the women into going there and then kept them prisoner, the court said.
The six women had been imprisoned for between two and 21 months. Li repeatedly raped the women, forced them to have sex with customers and made them appear in obscene web shows.
His motive, police said, was to make money by forcing the women into prostitution and appear in his shows.
Two of the women were killed while they were kept in the dungeon. Three more of Li's prisoners were also found guilty of murder; in one case Li had instructed the women to kill.
The court allowed the women leniency for committing these crimes as they took place under extreme circumstances - one received a three year jail sentence and the other two were put on probation.
Li's dungeon was discovered after one of his victims escaped and reported her captor to the police.
Prior to his imprisonment, Li had been a clerk for Luoyang's technological supervision bureau. He was married and had an eight-month-old baby when he was arrested last year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon