EU Morning Report - EURUSD back above 1.30
By NikolasX | November 30, 2012 6:53 PM EST
The euro (EUR) is rising against most of its major counterparts, as risk sentiment improves. Yesterday, President Obama shared his optimism that a deal with Congress may be achieved by Christmas. On Wednesday the EU Commission President Barroso talked about the 17 eurozone countries to be allowed to integrate quicker and more deeply than the 27 countries euro area at large. This came one day after the eurogroup meeting reached an agreement on Greece.
§ The euro (EUR) is now trading above 1.30 against the US dollar (USD). This is the 4th time the single currency is trying this move in the past 5 trading days, however this time it has recorded a monthly high at 1.3027.
§ OIL rebounded off its 87.00 US dollars (USD) a barrel support level and now trades just below the 88.00 figure. A break above that level could pave the way for higher highs.
§ GOLD (XAU) is rising for a second day after it had dropped from 1741.44 to 1705.63 on Wednesday; a lower low but managed to rebound and now trades above 1728 US dollars (USD) an ounce.
§ The US dollar (USD) rose against the Japanese yen (JPY) and now lies above the 82.00 psychological level. It will be interesting to see whether the pair can rise above the 82.60 resistance today, the last trading day of the month.Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.2915||LONG @ 1.2915||38% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||81.90||LONG @ 81.90||39% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.5990||LONG @ 1.5990||38% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0420||LONG @ 1.0420||35% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1730||SHORT @ 1730||69% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||86.90||SHORT @ 86.90||83% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||10:00||Unemployment Rate in October||11.7%|
|.||CAD||13:30||GDP m/m in December||0.1%|
|.||USD||13:30||Consumer Spending m/m in November||0.1%|
Gold (XAU) broke through above the 1728 resistance level against the US dollar (USD), today early in the EU session. Market participants should monitor the price action of the precious metal around that level as it may present great opportunities for long risk/reward trades.
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More