EU Morning Report - EURUSD back above 1.30
By NikolasX | November 30, 2012 7:56 PM EST
The euro (EUR) is rising against most of its major counterparts, as risk sentiment improves. Yesterday, President Obama shared his optimism that a deal with Congress may be achieved by Christmas. On Wednesday the EU Commission President Barroso talked about the 17 eurozone countries to be allowed to integrate quicker and more deeply than the 27 countries euro area at large. This came one day after the eurogroup meeting reached an agreement on Greece.
§ The euro (EUR) is now trading above 1.30 against the US dollar (USD). This is the 4th time the single currency is trying this move in the past 5 trading days, however this time it has recorded a monthly high at 1.3027.
§ OIL rebounded off its 87.00 US dollars (USD) a barrel support level and now trades just below the 88.00 figure. A break above that level could pave the way for higher highs.
§ GOLD (XAU) is rising for a second day after it had dropped from 1741.44 to 1705.63 on Wednesday; a lower low but managed to rebound and now trades above 1728 US dollars (USD) an ounce.
§ The US dollar (USD) rose against the Japanese yen (JPY) and now lies above the 82.00 psychological level. It will be interesting to see whether the pair can rise above the 82.60 resistance today, the last trading day of the month.Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.2915||LONG @ 1.2915||38% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||81.90||LONG @ 81.90||39% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.5990||LONG @ 1.5990||38% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0420||LONG @ 1.0420||35% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1730||SHORT @ 1730||69% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||86.90||SHORT @ 86.90||83% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||10:00||Unemployment Rate in October||11.7%|
|.||CAD||13:30||GDP m/m in December||0.1%|
|.||USD||13:30||Consumer Spending m/m in November||0.1%|
Gold (XAU) broke through above the 1728 resistance level against the US dollar (USD), today early in the EU session. Market participants should monitor the price action of the precious metal around that level as it may present great opportunities for long risk/reward trades.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko