EU Morning Report - EURUSD back above 1.30
By NikolasX | November 30, 2012 7:56 PM EST
The euro (EUR) is rising against most of its major counterparts, as risk sentiment improves. Yesterday, President Obama shared his optimism that a deal with Congress may be achieved by Christmas. On Wednesday the EU Commission President Barroso talked about the 17 eurozone countries to be allowed to integrate quicker and more deeply than the 27 countries euro area at large. This came one day after the eurogroup meeting reached an agreement on Greece.
§ The euro (EUR) is now trading above 1.30 against the US dollar (USD). This is the 4th time the single currency is trying this move in the past 5 trading days, however this time it has recorded a monthly high at 1.3027.
§ OIL rebounded off its 87.00 US dollars (USD) a barrel support level and now trades just below the 88.00 figure. A break above that level could pave the way for higher highs.
§ GOLD (XAU) is rising for a second day after it had dropped from 1741.44 to 1705.63 on Wednesday; a lower low but managed to rebound and now trades above 1728 US dollars (USD) an ounce.
§ The US dollar (USD) rose against the Japanese yen (JPY) and now lies above the 82.00 psychological level. It will be interesting to see whether the pair can rise above the 82.60 resistance today, the last trading day of the month.Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.2915||LONG @ 1.2915||38% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||81.90||LONG @ 81.90||39% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.5990||LONG @ 1.5990||38% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0420||LONG @ 1.0420||35% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1730||SHORT @ 1730||69% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||86.90||SHORT @ 86.90||83% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||10:00||Unemployment Rate in October||11.7%|
|.||CAD||13:30||GDP m/m in December||0.1%|
|.||USD||13:30||Consumer Spending m/m in November||0.1%|
Gold (XAU) broke through above the 1728 resistance level against the US dollar (USD), today early in the EU session. Market participants should monitor the price action of the precious metal around that level as it may present great opportunities for long risk/reward trades.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border