Apple Rolls Out 'iTunes 11' with New Design and Interface
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 30, 2012 7:27 PM EST
Apple has rolled out the eleventh iteration of iTunes media player for Windows and Mac OSX with a completely new look and modified user interface.
The overhauled version of iTunes was on wait after Apple announced a delay in its launch last month. Production took longer than usual in order to perfect the version before its official rollout.
"The new iTunes is taking longer than expected and we wanted to take a little extra time to get it right," Apple spokesperson Tom Neumayer told technology website AllThingsD. "We look forward to releasing this new version of iTunes with its dramatically simpler and cleaner interface, and seamless integration with iCloud before the end of November."
The much anticipated and awaited iTunes 11 was unveiled with a simplified user interface, Sync play back across the devices and iCloud integration. The revamped iTunes library will showcase music, videos and television shows purchased on any iOS device or computer.
The simplified interface has done away with the left-hand navigation panel and will now enable the user to toggle between iTunes and the library through a button on the screen window. The new iTunes also features a MiniPlayer which will give the user a complete picture of what is playing at any time by connecting through "Next Up".
The Next Up feature will list those songs which are lying in queue after the current playing song. iTunes 11 has also shifted its focus from Cover Flow to an album cover mode where the selection of individual songs or albums will play the list of songs and show its details. Sync play back feature will allow users to pick up content from the place they left off.
The new version of iTunes for Mac OSX and PC can be downloaded directly from App Store or via the Apple Software Update. The previous version of iTunes, iTunes 10, was released in September last year and it took a long time for Apple to roll out the next version of it. However, the initial reviews of iTunes 11 suggested that the wait was worthwhile as iTune 11 seemed to have matched up to the expectation of Apple fans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports