India GDP Growth at 5.3 Percent in September Quarter
November 30, 2012 5:07 PM EST
India's economy grew at a lower-than-expected 5.3 percent in the quarter ending in September, against an analysts' forecast of 5.4 percent, government data showed on Friday.
The manufacturing sector grew an annual 0.8 percent during the quarter while farm output rose 1.2 percent, the data showed. In the quarter ending in June economic growth was at 5.5 percent.
Asia's third largest economy is still growing faster than many other major economies, but it has slowed from 6.5 percent in the 2011/12 fiscal year and 8.4 percent in the previous two fiscal years.
Join the Conversation
- Japan’s Fukushima Badly Wants To Host 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- If ‘Selfie’ Was The Word Of The Year In 2013, Selfie Stick Is Top Christmas Gift In 2014
- Unique Traits That Make You A Millennial
- Russian Prime Minister Meets Exporting Companies To Find Solutions To Falling Ruble
- Top Google Canada 2014 Searches: Robin Williams, World Cup, iPhone 6