Bharti Infratel May Raise $825 million in IPO
November 30, 2012 3:05 PM EST
Bharti Infratel Ltd, the telecommunications tower unit of phone carrier Bharti Airtel, is likely to raise up to $825 million in what would be the country's biggest IPO in two years, sources with direct knowledge said.
The company is expected to set a price band of 210 rupees to 240 rupees a share for its IPO, which will be launched on December 10 and close on December 14, said the sources, declining to be named before an official announcement.
A Bharti Group spokesman was not immediately available for a comment on the price band. The Bharti Infratel management will decide and formally announce the IPO price band on Friday, the sources said.
Bharti Infratel which is controlled by billionaire Sunil Mittal has called a news conference in New Delhi on Friday for the planned IPO.
At the upper end of the price band, Bharti Infratel will raise about 45.3 billion rupees; at the low end, it will raise 39.7 billion rupees.
Bharti Infratel is selling 146.2 million new shares in the IPO, while four of its shareholders including arms of Singapore state investor Temasek and Goldman Sachs are selling 42.7 million shares, according to a regulatory filing.
Bharti Airtel, which owns about 86 percent of Bharti Infratel, is not selling any shares.
Bharti Infratel has more than 33,000 mobile phone masts and also holds a 42 percent stake of Indus Towers, the world's biggest telecoms tower company, with about 110,000 towers in India.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone