Samsung Internet-Ready Camera Now Available in Australia
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | November 30, 2012 2:07 PM EST
Camera enthusiasts fond of taking pictures and immediately uploading them to social networking sites as well as blogs may now purchase the internet-ready Samsung Galaxy Camera as the Korean firm launches the latest tech gadget in Australia today.
Samsung's latest camera, which was earlier launched in countries in Europe, North America and elsewhere in Asia, can upload pictures and videos over high-speed fourth-generation (4G) networks without the need to connect to a computer.
Running on the latest version of the Android operating system, the 4.1 Jelly Bean, the 16.3-megapixel camera is equipped with a 4.8-inch LCD touch screen.
Incidentally, the latest gadget is not Samsung's first Internet-connected camera. Still, the company assured consumers the camera operates more like a smartphone. It allows users to download apps meant to enhance photos or videos, automatically share images stored in the camera by communicating with mobile devices located nearby, or to have the images automatically stored in a cloud-computing server.
Sold at $599 in Australia, users ought to subscribe to wireless plans to use the gadget.
The Galaxy camera takes pictures far better than most cameras that smartphones have. Measuring 5.07 by 2.79 x .75 of an inch and weighing 11 ounces, it is a solid gadget with an all-white body with a curve on the right side that is covered with plastic for a better grip.
The only downside to this gadget will be that it is not portable. Because the company needed to combine two high-end gadgets into one, the result was a heavy and thick gadget item due to the big lens in its front.
But if one is really after the fast connectivity and sharing of photos and videos without having to chug behind an extra gadget, then the Samsung Galaxy Camera will be just fine.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Dark Souls 2 Crown Of The Old Iron King’ DLC For PlayStation 3, XBox 360 And PC Released On Aug. 26, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- Robin Williams to Be Honoured As A Character In 'World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor'
- Hypersonic Travel: Can Space Tourism be a Possibility
- Nokia Lumia 530: Windows Phone Handset Now On Sale In The UK With £87 Price
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements