LG Nexus 4 Supports 4G/LTE? [VIDEO]
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 30, 2012 12:04 PM EST
A Canadian user found out the LG Nexus 4 can support the fast connection of 4G/LTE.
To the disappointment of many consumers, the popular LG Nexus 4 does not support 4G/LTE connectivity. This is a backlash to the handset as its competitors like Samsung Galaxy S3, iPhone 5 and Nokia Lumia 920 support 4G connection.
However, a user has posted a video on YouTube, which shows Nexus 4 operating on 4G LTE. A Canadian consumer uploaded the video showing how to tweak the settings on Google's next Nexus smartphone.
The video shows Nexus 4 functioning on 4G networks, but only on two LTE enabled bands, 11700MHz and 2100MHz as determined by Android Authority. These bands are similar to the frequencies used by carries in Canada such as Rogers Wireless, Telus and Bell Canada.
Users interested in this features need to be on any of the two frequencies to access 4G/LTE connectivity and will need the use a hacking code to make it work.
However, everyone is reminded that this is not an official update from LG or Google. Thus, the authenticity of the video is doubtful.
LG Nexus 4 uses the Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset, which is only available with a combined processor and modem and cannot be implemented separately. Talking about the reason for no LTE support,
LG spokesperson said, "The modem contains 4G LTE capabilities but is only effective when combined with other essential hardware parts such as a signal amplifier and filter in order for it to work. It therefore cannot be upgraded to 4G LTE capability through software."
LG Nexus 4 has been achieving great sales despite the lack of LTE support. The device was sold out minutes after it appeared in Google Play Store.
However, users have expressed their discomfort at the absence of 4G network support. Many fans are disappointed as the smartphone will never support 4G/LTE connectivity. LG confirmed that no firmware update is coming and there is no software fix is in development.
The Google-LG Nexus 4 boasts a 4.7 inch screen display with 1280x768 resolution, 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor, 8 MP camera and 2100 mAh battery.
The LG Nexus 4 also has WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, NFC Android Beam, Bluetooth, 2100 mAh Lithium polymer battery, Microphone, Accelerometer, Ambient light, Compass, Gyroscope, Barometer and GPS.
The new Google-LG smartphone will run with the new Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, which promises new features upgrade such as better camera options and controls. This has become the selling point of the device.
Watch the video below showing LG Nexus 4 supporting 4G/LTE connectivity.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Bendable Galaxy S6 Release in 2015 Possible as Samsung Reveals Plans
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports