Icahn woos Oshkosh shareholders, company pushes back
November 30, 2012 4:35 AM EST
Activist investor Carl Icahn urged shareholders of Oshkosh Corp
Oshkosh responded by urging shareholders to ignore the bid, which it called "inadequate and opportunistic."
Icahn in October made his latest bid for Oshkosh, which represented a 21 percent premium on the share price prior to his offer. Early this year he waged an unsuccessful proxy battle against the company.
Oshkosh shares were down 2 percent at $30.78 in midday trading on the New York Stock Exchange. They have risen 14.6 percent since Icahn made his offer.
Icahn said that if 25 percent of shareholders accept his offer, which values the company at about $2.98 billion, he will proceed with another attempt to have a slate of outside directors elected to the Oshkosh, Wisconsin-based company's board.
If he fails to generate that level of support, he said, "we will respect the shareholders' wishes, drop our tender offer and proxy fight and move on to other endeavors."
(Reporting by Scott Malone; Editing by Phil Berlowitz)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports