Icahn woos Oshkosh shareholders, company pushes back
November 30, 2012 4:35 AM EST
Activist investor Carl Icahn urged shareholders of Oshkosh Corp
Oshkosh responded by urging shareholders to ignore the bid, which it called "inadequate and opportunistic."
Icahn in October made his latest bid for Oshkosh, which represented a 21 percent premium on the share price prior to his offer. Early this year he waged an unsuccessful proxy battle against the company.
Oshkosh shares were down 2 percent at $30.78 in midday trading on the New York Stock Exchange. They have risen 14.6 percent since Icahn made his offer.
Icahn said that if 25 percent of shareholders accept his offer, which values the company at about $2.98 billion, he will proceed with another attempt to have a slate of outside directors elected to the Oshkosh, Wisconsin-based company's board.
If he fails to generate that level of support, he said, "we will respect the shareholders' wishes, drop our tender offer and proxy fight and move on to other endeavors."
(Reporting by Scott Malone; Editing by Phil Berlowitz)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier