Wendy Williams Poses Nude For PETA's I’d Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur Campaign
By Toyin Owoseje | November 30, 2012 12:21 AM EST
US chat show host Wendy Williams has become the latest celebrity to pose nude in support of animal rights group, PETA [People for Ethical Treatment of Animals] .
The 48-year-old media personality stripped down to her birthday suit for the organization's latest "I'd Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur" campaign.
For the revealing image, which will be featured on a billboard in Times Square, Willams lays down on her side. She pouts seductively for the camera while her wavy blonde locks cover her breasts.
In the behind-the-scenes interview for the shoot the former fur wearer said: "PETA has proven that there is a sexy way to suggest to people to rethink the fur, and I like it. I'd rather go naked than to wear fur.
"As a former fur wearer, I must say that I have not given fur any thought for a good seven years. I don't think that fur is a mark of success anymore. As a decent person with compassion, it just seems like the right thing to support.
Williams, who joins the likes of Pamela Anderson and Khloe Kardashian in peeling off for Peta, went on to insist that she didn't judge those that choose to keep wearing real fur.
"What I would have to say to people that currently wear fur, I'd softly suggest to keep your mind open and do your research. If you never come around, I still love you.
Ahead of the campaigns unveiling Williams told her 780,000 followers on Twitter: "Today's the day. I'm so excited for the unveiling of my "I'd rather go naked than wear fur" @peta ad in Times Sq at 1p bw 44th and 45th."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- Jennifer Lopez And Iggy Azalea Show Off Their Incredible Bodies In Risqué Artwork Of 'Booty' Remix
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Fast and Furious’ 7 New Car Revealed To Be a Humvee
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge