Spaniard Happy To Play Anywhere Under Rodgers
By Vanessa Keller | November 29, 2012 11:29 PM EST
Jose Enrique says he's delighted to be back in action for Liverpool, with the left-back insisting he'll play wherever he's needed as the side look to start collecting some points and moving up the table.
Enrique has suffered from injury setbacks this season which have resulted in the Spaniard struggling to find a place on Brendan Rodgers' squad, but last night against Tottenham he was impressive in more of an attacking position than he is used to.
Liverpool came away with another disappointing result last night that left them feeling on the unlucky side, but Enrique said he was just glad to be on the pitch and showing Rodgers how important he can be for the squad.
"I'm enjoying the games because I am playing and I am fit after the problem with my knee," he told the Liverpool Echo. "I am happy with how I am playing and I'll play wherever the manager wants me.
"But the most important thing for me is to win the game. I would prefer to play a lot worse and for us to win."
Liverpool are currently 12th on the Premier League table, and are now 10 points off a Champions League spot.
And while Enrique admits it is frustrating to be playing well and taking no points, he says that the squad are going in the right direction.
"It's difficult when you are playing well and not getting points," he explained. "But we are playing against good teams and playing better than them. We are playing really good football and we need to keep playing like this.
"We just have to forget about the table when we are on the pitch and just focus on that game.
"I hope the results will soon come. We say it every week but we have to take our chances. We need points to get to the top four which is where we need to be."
The chance for Liverpool to take some points will come from their home tie against Southampton this weekend, with a tough schedule coming up afterwards including a mid-week trip to Udinese and then West Ham away.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS