Spaniard Happy To Play Anywhere Under Rodgers
By Vanessa Keller | November 29, 2012 11:29 PM EST
Jose Enrique says he's delighted to be back in action for Liverpool, with the left-back insisting he'll play wherever he's needed as the side look to start collecting some points and moving up the table.
Enrique has suffered from injury setbacks this season which have resulted in the Spaniard struggling to find a place on Brendan Rodgers' squad, but last night against Tottenham he was impressive in more of an attacking position than he is used to.
Liverpool came away with another disappointing result last night that left them feeling on the unlucky side, but Enrique said he was just glad to be on the pitch and showing Rodgers how important he can be for the squad.
"I'm enjoying the games because I am playing and I am fit after the problem with my knee," he told the Liverpool Echo. "I am happy with how I am playing and I'll play wherever the manager wants me.
"But the most important thing for me is to win the game. I would prefer to play a lot worse and for us to win."
Liverpool are currently 12th on the Premier League table, and are now 10 points off a Champions League spot.
And while Enrique admits it is frustrating to be playing well and taking no points, he says that the squad are going in the right direction.
"It's difficult when you are playing well and not getting points," he explained. "But we are playing against good teams and playing better than them. We are playing really good football and we need to keep playing like this.
"We just have to forget about the table when we are on the pitch and just focus on that game.
"I hope the results will soon come. We say it every week but we have to take our chances. We need points to get to the top four which is where we need to be."
The chance for Liverpool to take some points will come from their home tie against Southampton this weekend, with a tough schedule coming up afterwards including a mid-week trip to Udinese and then West Ham away.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World