Spaniard Happy To Play Anywhere Under Rodgers
By Vanessa Keller | November 29, 2012 11:29 PM EST
Jose Enrique says he's delighted to be back in action for Liverpool, with the left-back insisting he'll play wherever he's needed as the side look to start collecting some points and moving up the table.
Enrique has suffered from injury setbacks this season which have resulted in the Spaniard struggling to find a place on Brendan Rodgers' squad, but last night against Tottenham he was impressive in more of an attacking position than he is used to.
Liverpool came away with another disappointing result last night that left them feeling on the unlucky side, but Enrique said he was just glad to be on the pitch and showing Rodgers how important he can be for the squad.
"I'm enjoying the games because I am playing and I am fit after the problem with my knee," he told the Liverpool Echo. "I am happy with how I am playing and I'll play wherever the manager wants me.
"But the most important thing for me is to win the game. I would prefer to play a lot worse and for us to win."
Liverpool are currently 12th on the Premier League table, and are now 10 points off a Champions League spot.
And while Enrique admits it is frustrating to be playing well and taking no points, he says that the squad are going in the right direction.
"It's difficult when you are playing well and not getting points," he explained. "But we are playing against good teams and playing better than them. We are playing really good football and we need to keep playing like this.
"We just have to forget about the table when we are on the pitch and just focus on that game.
"I hope the results will soon come. We say it every week but we have to take our chances. We need points to get to the top four which is where we need to be."
The chance for Liverpool to take some points will come from their home tie against Southampton this weekend, with a tough schedule coming up afterwards including a mid-week trip to Udinese and then West Ham away.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate