Spaniard Happy To Play Anywhere Under Rodgers
By Vanessa Keller | November 29, 2012 11:29 PM EST
Jose Enrique says he's delighted to be back in action for Liverpool, with the left-back insisting he'll play wherever he's needed as the side look to start collecting some points and moving up the table.
Enrique has suffered from injury setbacks this season which have resulted in the Spaniard struggling to find a place on Brendan Rodgers' squad, but last night against Tottenham he was impressive in more of an attacking position than he is used to.
Liverpool came away with another disappointing result last night that left them feeling on the unlucky side, but Enrique said he was just glad to be on the pitch and showing Rodgers how important he can be for the squad.
"I'm enjoying the games because I am playing and I am fit after the problem with my knee," he told the Liverpool Echo. "I am happy with how I am playing and I'll play wherever the manager wants me.
"But the most important thing for me is to win the game. I would prefer to play a lot worse and for us to win."
Liverpool are currently 12th on the Premier League table, and are now 10 points off a Champions League spot.
And while Enrique admits it is frustrating to be playing well and taking no points, he says that the squad are going in the right direction.
"It's difficult when you are playing well and not getting points," he explained. "But we are playing against good teams and playing better than them. We are playing really good football and we need to keep playing like this.
"We just have to forget about the table when we are on the pitch and just focus on that game.
"I hope the results will soon come. We say it every week but we have to take our chances. We need points to get to the top four which is where we need to be."
The chance for Liverpool to take some points will come from their home tie against Southampton this weekend, with a tough schedule coming up afterwards including a mid-week trip to Udinese and then West Ham away.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Georges St-Pierre Opines Nick Diaz Would Have a Stronger Chance Against Anderson Silva If Fight Goes Longer
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery