‘Talaash’ Set for Massive Opening; Will it Break ‘3 Idiots’ Record at Box Office?
By Ankita Mehta | November 29, 2012 9:42 PM EST
Aamir Khan's upcoming thriller film "Talaash: The Answer Lies Within", directed by Reema Kagti, is all set to rock the Indian and overseas box offices on Friday.
The advance booking for the actor's much-awaited movie after his 2009 blockbuster "3 Idiots" has received tremendous response at both single screens and multiplexes.
"Apparently all single screens and multiplexes were under tremendous pressure to open the advance booking for Talaash on Sunday itself", The Times of India quoted a trade analyst as saying.
The advance ticket booking for upcoming films generally begins four days before its release and for multiplexes two days before. The booking for "Talaash" began on Sunday itself.
"Owing to strong buzz and humungous inquiries from patrons, we opened the advance booking for 'Talaash' on Sunday pan India at all our Cinemax multiplexes," Girish Wankhede, national marketing head, Cinemax India Ltd, said in a statement.
"The response was quite amazing as we were able to book around 700 tickets on the very first day. Lot of corporate bookings and bulk bookings are also happening. We are very upbeat and foresee another big blockbuster," he added.
The crime thriller is jointly produced by Aamir Khan Productions and Excel Entertainment. Apart from Aamir, the movie also features Rani Mukerji and Kareena Kapoor in lead roles.
"Talaash" will release across more than 2500 screens in India and 520 screens in other countries. This is a new overseas record for a film starring Aamir. His last commercially and critically acclaimed film, "3 Idiots", was released in 415 screens overseas.
"#Talaash final *Overseas* screen count is 520 screens. A record for an Aamir Khan starrer... #3Idiots was 415 screens," trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted.
Aamir is also quite confident about the film's release on Friday despite it being a week day. According to reports, the satellite rights of the film are already being sold at around ₹40 crore before the film's release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown