‘Talaash’ Set for Massive Opening; Will it Break ‘3 Idiots’ Record at Box Office?
By Ankita Mehta | November 29, 2012 9:42 PM EST
Aamir Khan's upcoming thriller film "Talaash: The Answer Lies Within", directed by Reema Kagti, is all set to rock the Indian and overseas box offices on Friday.
The advance booking for the actor's much-awaited movie after his 2009 blockbuster "3 Idiots" has received tremendous response at both single screens and multiplexes.
"Apparently all single screens and multiplexes were under tremendous pressure to open the advance booking for Talaash on Sunday itself", The Times of India quoted a trade analyst as saying.
The advance ticket booking for upcoming films generally begins four days before its release and for multiplexes two days before. The booking for "Talaash" began on Sunday itself.
"Owing to strong buzz and humungous inquiries from patrons, we opened the advance booking for 'Talaash' on Sunday pan India at all our Cinemax multiplexes," Girish Wankhede, national marketing head, Cinemax India Ltd, said in a statement.
"The response was quite amazing as we were able to book around 700 tickets on the very first day. Lot of corporate bookings and bulk bookings are also happening. We are very upbeat and foresee another big blockbuster," he added.
The crime thriller is jointly produced by Aamir Khan Productions and Excel Entertainment. Apart from Aamir, the movie also features Rani Mukerji and Kareena Kapoor in lead roles.
"Talaash" will release across more than 2500 screens in India and 520 screens in other countries. This is a new overseas record for a film starring Aamir. His last commercially and critically acclaimed film, "3 Idiots", was released in 415 screens overseas.
"#Talaash final *Overseas* screen count is 520 screens. A record for an Aamir Khan starrer... #3Idiots was 415 screens," trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted.
Aamir is also quite confident about the film's release on Friday despite it being a week day. According to reports, the satellite rights of the film are already being sold at around ₹40 crore before the film's release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4