‘Talaash’ Set for Massive Opening; Will it Break ‘3 Idiots’ Record at Box Office?
By Ankita Mehta | November 29, 2012 9:42 PM EST
Aamir Khan's upcoming thriller film "Talaash: The Answer Lies Within", directed by Reema Kagti, is all set to rock the Indian and overseas box offices on Friday.
The advance booking for the actor's much-awaited movie after his 2009 blockbuster "3 Idiots" has received tremendous response at both single screens and multiplexes.
"Apparently all single screens and multiplexes were under tremendous pressure to open the advance booking for Talaash on Sunday itself", The Times of India quoted a trade analyst as saying.
The advance ticket booking for upcoming films generally begins four days before its release and for multiplexes two days before. The booking for "Talaash" began on Sunday itself.
"Owing to strong buzz and humungous inquiries from patrons, we opened the advance booking for 'Talaash' on Sunday pan India at all our Cinemax multiplexes," Girish Wankhede, national marketing head, Cinemax India Ltd, said in a statement.
"The response was quite amazing as we were able to book around 700 tickets on the very first day. Lot of corporate bookings and bulk bookings are also happening. We are very upbeat and foresee another big blockbuster," he added.
The crime thriller is jointly produced by Aamir Khan Productions and Excel Entertainment. Apart from Aamir, the movie also features Rani Mukerji and Kareena Kapoor in lead roles.
"Talaash" will release across more than 2500 screens in India and 520 screens in other countries. This is a new overseas record for a film starring Aamir. His last commercially and critically acclaimed film, "3 Idiots", was released in 415 screens overseas.
"#Talaash final *Overseas* screen count is 520 screens. A record for an Aamir Khan starrer... #3Idiots was 415 screens," trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted.
Aamir is also quite confident about the film's release on Friday despite it being a week day. According to reports, the satellite rights of the film are already being sold at around ₹40 crore before the film's release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon