‘Talaash’ Set for Massive Opening; Will it Break ‘3 Idiots’ Record at Box Office?
By Ankita Mehta | November 29, 2012 9:42 PM EST
Aamir Khan's upcoming thriller film "Talaash: The Answer Lies Within", directed by Reema Kagti, is all set to rock the Indian and overseas box offices on Friday.
The advance booking for the actor's much-awaited movie after his 2009 blockbuster "3 Idiots" has received tremendous response at both single screens and multiplexes.
"Apparently all single screens and multiplexes were under tremendous pressure to open the advance booking for Talaash on Sunday itself", The Times of India quoted a trade analyst as saying.
The advance ticket booking for upcoming films generally begins four days before its release and for multiplexes two days before. The booking for "Talaash" began on Sunday itself.
"Owing to strong buzz and humungous inquiries from patrons, we opened the advance booking for 'Talaash' on Sunday pan India at all our Cinemax multiplexes," Girish Wankhede, national marketing head, Cinemax India Ltd, said in a statement.
"The response was quite amazing as we were able to book around 700 tickets on the very first day. Lot of corporate bookings and bulk bookings are also happening. We are very upbeat and foresee another big blockbuster," he added.
The crime thriller is jointly produced by Aamir Khan Productions and Excel Entertainment. Apart from Aamir, the movie also features Rani Mukerji and Kareena Kapoor in lead roles.
"Talaash" will release across more than 2500 screens in India and 520 screens in other countries. This is a new overseas record for a film starring Aamir. His last commercially and critically acclaimed film, "3 Idiots", was released in 415 screens overseas.
"#Talaash final *Overseas* screen count is 520 screens. A record for an Aamir Khan starrer... #3Idiots was 415 screens," trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted.
Aamir is also quite confident about the film's release on Friday despite it being a week day. According to reports, the satellite rights of the film are already being sold at around ₹40 crore before the film's release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports