‘Talaash’ Set for Massive Opening; Will it Break ‘3 Idiots’ Record at Box Office?
By Ankita Mehta | November 29, 2012 9:42 PM EST
Aamir Khan's upcoming thriller film "Talaash: The Answer Lies Within", directed by Reema Kagti, is all set to rock the Indian and overseas box offices on Friday.
The advance booking for the actor's much-awaited movie after his 2009 blockbuster "3 Idiots" has received tremendous response at both single screens and multiplexes.
"Apparently all single screens and multiplexes were under tremendous pressure to open the advance booking for Talaash on Sunday itself", The Times of India quoted a trade analyst as saying.
The advance ticket booking for upcoming films generally begins four days before its release and for multiplexes two days before. The booking for "Talaash" began on Sunday itself.
"Owing to strong buzz and humungous inquiries from patrons, we opened the advance booking for 'Talaash' on Sunday pan India at all our Cinemax multiplexes," Girish Wankhede, national marketing head, Cinemax India Ltd, said in a statement.
"The response was quite amazing as we were able to book around 700 tickets on the very first day. Lot of corporate bookings and bulk bookings are also happening. We are very upbeat and foresee another big blockbuster," he added.
The crime thriller is jointly produced by Aamir Khan Productions and Excel Entertainment. Apart from Aamir, the movie also features Rani Mukerji and Kareena Kapoor in lead roles.
"Talaash" will release across more than 2500 screens in India and 520 screens in other countries. This is a new overseas record for a film starring Aamir. His last commercially and critically acclaimed film, "3 Idiots", was released in 415 screens overseas.
"#Talaash final *Overseas* screen count is 520 screens. A record for an Aamir Khan starrer... #3Idiots was 415 screens," trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted.
Aamir is also quite confident about the film's release on Friday despite it being a week day. According to reports, the satellite rights of the film are already being sold at around ₹40 crore before the film's release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People