Flipkart Forays into eBook Business through Flyte
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 29, 2012 9:07 PM EST
Bangalore-based online retailer Flipkart announced on Wednesday its entry into the eBook category market with its digital store Flyte.
According to the Flipkart, the Flyte store has an initial collection of over 1 lakh books starting from as little as ₹30. Readers can purchase and download the books from the e-showroom using their mobile devices.
"We have a growing, tech-savvy reader base that is constantly on the go -- and they are looking for options to buy and read their favorite books on their mobile devices instantly," said Sameer Nigam, VP-digital at Flipkart.com, at the launch event.
The books purchased from the eBook showroom can be read using the Flyte app which is currently available on devices using Android operating system. The Flyte app is available for download at Google Play store for Android users.
Flipkart said that the app for Windows 8 will be rolled out sometime soon.
Flyte offers features like free samples of each book on the website or mobile app, the ability to read each eBook on up to six devices, sync reading location, an app that allows users to purchase, download and read eBooks from the store. The digital service also lists around 4,000 free titles which can be used to test the app. Sync reading location will allow readers to exit a book on a particular device and continue reading from the same point in another device.
Flipkart, a company founded by young entrepreneurs Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal in 2007, initially started as online retailer for books and later expended to electronic goods and a variety of other products. The company had also launched a digital music store earlier in February.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’