Australia's La Trobe University Strengthens Links with Indian Institutes through MoUs and Exchange Agreements
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 29, 2012 8:20 PM EST
Indian educational institutes signed several Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) with Australia's La Trobe University last week to help promote student opportunities in various fields of study and other areas.
A senior delegation from La Trobe University (LTU) travelled to Pune on Nov 23 and inked agreements with several leading Indian Institutes, including JSS University, Mysore & Cummins College, Pune. The University delegation was headed by Liz Stinson, Executive Director of La Trobe International.
Speaking on the occasion, Professor Brian McGaw, Dean of Faculty of Science Technology and Engineering of La Trobe University said, "La Trobe University is taking a number of significant initiatives to further enhance its presence in India, signing MoU's is part of the same. La Trobe has always been known for its research work and University Infrastructure has played a vital role in this. The research undertaken at AgriBio will significantly contribute to the protection of agriculture from disease threats, improve primary industries' competitiveness and sustainability, and focus efforts on addressing current challenges including climate change and drought".
The MoUs will focus on benefiting students in various ways that include giving students more opportunities to pursue part of their program in India and remaining in Australia. Students can participate in the student exchange programs initiated among La Trobe University and its partner institutes. They can also be a part of research projects which will be developed among La Trobe and partner institutes.
Earlier in February, La Trobe University had signed MoUs with three giants in the corporate and education sectors including Mahindra Reva, HCL, BITS Pilani and Delhi Technological.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims