Beckham Reveals Premier League Offers
By Nick Howson | November 29, 2012 8:08 PM EST
David Beckham has been inundated with offers from the Premier League but claims his attachment with Manchester United could prevent a return to English football.
Upon his appointment at Queens Park Rangers, manager Harry Redknapp said Beckham would be a 'great asset' to his next club, sparking reports of a potential move to Loftus Road, but the former England captain says he is simply flattered by the praise he's received.
"I'm lucky," Beckham said. "At the age of 37 I've been offered some quite exciting options and there are a few options on the table and like I say exciting ones.
"I always said I'd struggle to come back and play in England because I've played for the biggest club in the world and biggest club in England - Manchester United so I couldn't see myself playing for any other Premier League team.
"But as I said I've got a few exciting options on the table I do think I'll be spending more time in England because it's good for our kids to see their grandparents."
"What I am touched about," Beckham added "is that I've got great managers that are coming out, like Harry, like Carlo Ancelotti, managers like this that are coming out and saying great things about me.
"Not saying they would like to sign me but saying nice things about me. I spent a couple of months with Harry when I was at Tottenham and he doesn't have to say the things that he says. It's nice to see him talk about me in such a nice way."
Beckham trained with Tottenham in the 2011 MLS offseason, during Redknapp's spell at White Hart Lane, but failed to agree a temporary loan deal.
The ex-Real Madrid midfielder announced a fortnight ago his intention to leave the Galaxy after six years in the MLS.
Confirmation of his departure has sparked a myriad interest from overseas, with A-League duo Perth Glory and Melbourne Heart having revealed their interest, while Ligue 1 side Paris Saint Germain have rubbished reports of a possible bid for the midfielder.
Beckham's final game in America comes this weekend when Galaxy face Houston Dynamo in the MLS Cup final.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia