Beckham Reveals Premier League Offers
By Nick Howson | November 29, 2012 8:08 PM EST
David Beckham has been inundated with offers from the Premier League but claims his attachment with Manchester United could prevent a return to English football.
Upon his appointment at Queens Park Rangers, manager Harry Redknapp said Beckham would be a 'great asset' to his next club, sparking reports of a potential move to Loftus Road, but the former England captain says he is simply flattered by the praise he's received.
"I'm lucky," Beckham said. "At the age of 37 I've been offered some quite exciting options and there are a few options on the table and like I say exciting ones.
"I always said I'd struggle to come back and play in England because I've played for the biggest club in the world and biggest club in England - Manchester United so I couldn't see myself playing for any other Premier League team.
"But as I said I've got a few exciting options on the table I do think I'll be spending more time in England because it's good for our kids to see their grandparents."
"What I am touched about," Beckham added "is that I've got great managers that are coming out, like Harry, like Carlo Ancelotti, managers like this that are coming out and saying great things about me.
"Not saying they would like to sign me but saying nice things about me. I spent a couple of months with Harry when I was at Tottenham and he doesn't have to say the things that he says. It's nice to see him talk about me in such a nice way."
Beckham trained with Tottenham in the 2011 MLS offseason, during Redknapp's spell at White Hart Lane, but failed to agree a temporary loan deal.
The ex-Real Madrid midfielder announced a fortnight ago his intention to leave the Galaxy after six years in the MLS.
Confirmation of his departure has sparked a myriad interest from overseas, with A-League duo Perth Glory and Melbourne Heart having revealed their interest, while Ligue 1 side Paris Saint Germain have rubbished reports of a possible bid for the midfielder.
Beckham's final game in America comes this weekend when Galaxy face Houston Dynamo in the MLS Cup final.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million