Beckham Reveals Premier League Offers
By Nick Howson | November 29, 2012 8:08 PM EST
David Beckham has been inundated with offers from the Premier League but claims his attachment with Manchester United could prevent a return to English football.
Upon his appointment at Queens Park Rangers, manager Harry Redknapp said Beckham would be a 'great asset' to his next club, sparking reports of a potential move to Loftus Road, but the former England captain says he is simply flattered by the praise he's received.
"I'm lucky," Beckham said. "At the age of 37 I've been offered some quite exciting options and there are a few options on the table and like I say exciting ones.
"I always said I'd struggle to come back and play in England because I've played for the biggest club in the world and biggest club in England - Manchester United so I couldn't see myself playing for any other Premier League team.
"But as I said I've got a few exciting options on the table I do think I'll be spending more time in England because it's good for our kids to see their grandparents."
"What I am touched about," Beckham added "is that I've got great managers that are coming out, like Harry, like Carlo Ancelotti, managers like this that are coming out and saying great things about me.
"Not saying they would like to sign me but saying nice things about me. I spent a couple of months with Harry when I was at Tottenham and he doesn't have to say the things that he says. It's nice to see him talk about me in such a nice way."
Beckham trained with Tottenham in the 2011 MLS offseason, during Redknapp's spell at White Hart Lane, but failed to agree a temporary loan deal.
The ex-Real Madrid midfielder announced a fortnight ago his intention to leave the Galaxy after six years in the MLS.
Confirmation of his departure has sparked a myriad interest from overseas, with A-League duo Perth Glory and Melbourne Heart having revealed their interest, while Ligue 1 side Paris Saint Germain have rubbished reports of a possible bid for the midfielder.
Beckham's final game in America comes this weekend when Galaxy face Houston Dynamo in the MLS Cup final.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Jeremy Lin Seeks Respect From Lakers Star Kobe Bryant
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown