Jaguar Launches 2014 XFR-S Sports Sedan at $99,000 [PHOTOS]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 29, 2012 6:53 PM EST
British luxury and sports car manufacturer Jaguar Cars showed off its XFR-S sport sedan at the Los Angeles Auto Show on Wednesday. The vehicle comes with a price tag of $99,000.
Jaguar XFR-S is the latest model unveiled in the ultra-high performance R-S range. The car will go on sale in the US next summer and only 100 models will be offered in the US for the 2014 model year.
Jaguar XFR-S, a car based on the XF sedan platform, is powered by a 32-valve quad-cam 5.0 liter supercharged V8 engine which is expected to generate 550 horsepower with 41lb/ft of torque. The new car accelerates from 0 to 60 mph (97 kmph) in 4.4 seconds and can reach to a top speed of 186 mph (297 kmph).The second model in the R-S range is positioned to compete with BMW M5 and Mercedes CLS63 AMG.
The latest model from Jaguar has been given a new and improved look with 20-inch alloy wheels and bold aerodynamics kit along with a new rear subframe and stiffer bushings. The interior of the car has been stylized with carbon-effect leather with contrast stitching and micro piping. The car is available in five color variants include French Racing Blue, Ultimate Black, Stratus Gray, Polaris White and Italian Racing Red.
"Sporting character is evident in all Jaguar sedans. In the XFR-S that character has been amplified, the result being a truly engaging car with a combination of technical innovation, assertive design and staggering performance that will satisfy the most demanding of drivers," said Adrian Hallmark, Global Brand Director of Jaguar.
The engine of the car has been upgraded for extra power and improved performance. The eight-speed automatic transmission helps to maximize the benefit of the engine recalibration. The car is priced cheaper than its previous model 2012 XKR-S coupe and higher than the standard model XFR.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Much-Awaited Mazda MX-5 Limited Edition in Australia
- 75 Dead from China Car Parts Plant Blast, Poor Safety Measures Blamed
- Subaru Recalls 600k SUVs Due to Brake Line Problems; Majority in the U.S., 100k in Canada
- Australian Car Owners Face New Mandatory Emissions Standards
- Viral Video Using Go Pro Camera: 'Longest Jump Story' [Watch YouTube Clip]
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff