Jaguar Launches 2014 XFR-S Sports Sedan at $99,000 [PHOTOS]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 29, 2012 6:53 PM EST
British luxury and sports car manufacturer Jaguar Cars showed off its XFR-S sport sedan at the Los Angeles Auto Show on Wednesday. The vehicle comes with a price tag of $99,000.
Jaguar XFR-S is the latest model unveiled in the ultra-high performance R-S range. The car will go on sale in the US next summer and only 100 models will be offered in the US for the 2014 model year.
Jaguar XFR-S, a car based on the XF sedan platform, is powered by a 32-valve quad-cam 5.0 liter supercharged V8 engine which is expected to generate 550 horsepower with 41lb/ft of torque. The new car accelerates from 0 to 60 mph (97 kmph) in 4.4 seconds and can reach to a top speed of 186 mph (297 kmph).The second model in the R-S range is positioned to compete with BMW M5 and Mercedes CLS63 AMG.
The latest model from Jaguar has been given a new and improved look with 20-inch alloy wheels and bold aerodynamics kit along with a new rear subframe and stiffer bushings. The interior of the car has been stylized with carbon-effect leather with contrast stitching and micro piping. The car is available in five color variants include French Racing Blue, Ultimate Black, Stratus Gray, Polaris White and Italian Racing Red.
"Sporting character is evident in all Jaguar sedans. In the XFR-S that character has been amplified, the result being a truly engaging car with a combination of technical innovation, assertive design and staggering performance that will satisfy the most demanding of drivers," said Adrian Hallmark, Global Brand Director of Jaguar.
The engine of the car has been upgraded for extra power and improved performance. The eight-speed automatic transmission helps to maximize the benefit of the engine recalibration. The car is priced cheaper than its previous model 2012 XKR-S coupe and higher than the standard model XFR.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- US Alerts Car Owners To Fix Air Bags Urgently As Defective Air Bags Are Causing Fatal Deaths With Shrapnels Flying Out
- Honda Connect a System Based on Android and NVIDIA Tegra Processor To make Driving Easy
- Over 1,000 New Jobs Available at Oakville Assembly – Ford of Canada
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Upcoming Ford Falcon Can Save Life with 000 Technology During Crash
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James