Jaguar Launches 2014 XFR-S Sports Sedan at $99,000 [PHOTOS]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 29, 2012 6:53 PM EST
British luxury and sports car manufacturer Jaguar Cars showed off its XFR-S sport sedan at the Los Angeles Auto Show on Wednesday. The vehicle comes with a price tag of $99,000.
Jaguar XFR-S is the latest model unveiled in the ultra-high performance R-S range. The car will go on sale in the US next summer and only 100 models will be offered in the US for the 2014 model year.
Jaguar XFR-S, a car based on the XF sedan platform, is powered by a 32-valve quad-cam 5.0 liter supercharged V8 engine which is expected to generate 550 horsepower with 41lb/ft of torque. The new car accelerates from 0 to 60 mph (97 kmph) in 4.4 seconds and can reach to a top speed of 186 mph (297 kmph).The second model in the R-S range is positioned to compete with BMW M5 and Mercedes CLS63 AMG.
The latest model from Jaguar has been given a new and improved look with 20-inch alloy wheels and bold aerodynamics kit along with a new rear subframe and stiffer bushings. The interior of the car has been stylized with carbon-effect leather with contrast stitching and micro piping. The car is available in five color variants include French Racing Blue, Ultimate Black, Stratus Gray, Polaris White and Italian Racing Red.
"Sporting character is evident in all Jaguar sedans. In the XFR-S that character has been amplified, the result being a truly engaging car with a combination of technical innovation, assertive design and staggering performance that will satisfy the most demanding of drivers," said Adrian Hallmark, Global Brand Director of Jaguar.
The engine of the car has been upgraded for extra power and improved performance. The eight-speed automatic transmission helps to maximize the benefit of the engine recalibration. The car is priced cheaper than its previous model 2012 XKR-S coupe and higher than the standard model XFR.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Subaru Recalls 600k SUVs Due to Brake Line Problems; Majority in the U.S., 100k in Canada
- Australian Car Owners Face New Mandatory Emissions Standards
- Viral Video Using Go Pro Camera: 'Longest Jump Story' [Watch YouTube Clip]
- Canada Launches World's First Waste-to-Biofuels and Chemicals Facility
- Greenest Auto Manufacturer in U.S. Now Hyundai, Honda Set Off Track
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools