Jaguar Launches 2014 XFR-S Sports Sedan at $99,000 [PHOTOS]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 29, 2012 6:53 PM EST
British luxury and sports car manufacturer Jaguar Cars showed off its XFR-S sport sedan at the Los Angeles Auto Show on Wednesday. The vehicle comes with a price tag of $99,000.
Jaguar XFR-S is the latest model unveiled in the ultra-high performance R-S range. The car will go on sale in the US next summer and only 100 models will be offered in the US for the 2014 model year.
Jaguar XFR-S, a car based on the XF sedan platform, is powered by a 32-valve quad-cam 5.0 liter supercharged V8 engine which is expected to generate 550 horsepower with 41lb/ft of torque. The new car accelerates from 0 to 60 mph (97 kmph) in 4.4 seconds and can reach to a top speed of 186 mph (297 kmph).The second model in the R-S range is positioned to compete with BMW M5 and Mercedes CLS63 AMG.
The latest model from Jaguar has been given a new and improved look with 20-inch alloy wheels and bold aerodynamics kit along with a new rear subframe and stiffer bushings. The interior of the car has been stylized with carbon-effect leather with contrast stitching and micro piping. The car is available in five color variants include French Racing Blue, Ultimate Black, Stratus Gray, Polaris White and Italian Racing Red.
"Sporting character is evident in all Jaguar sedans. In the XFR-S that character has been amplified, the result being a truly engaging car with a combination of technical innovation, assertive design and staggering performance that will satisfy the most demanding of drivers," said Adrian Hallmark, Global Brand Director of Jaguar.
The engine of the car has been upgraded for extra power and improved performance. The eight-speed automatic transmission helps to maximize the benefit of the engine recalibration. The car is priced cheaper than its previous model 2012 XKR-S coupe and higher than the standard model XFR.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Subaru Recalls 600k SUVs Due to Brake Line Problems; Majority in the U.S., 100k in Canada
- Australian Car Owners Face New Mandatory Emissions Standards
- Viral Video Using Go Pro Camera: 'Longest Jump Story' [Watch YouTube Clip]
- Canada Launches World's First Waste-to-Biofuels and Chemicals Facility
- Greenest Auto Manufacturer in U.S. Now Hyundai, Honda Set Off Track
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales