Henry Cavill Talks About Being ‘Superman’: ‘It’s a fluke’
By Czarina Malleta | November 29, 2012 5:02 PM EST
Hunky actor Henry Cavill talks about his new redefining role as "Superman" and his almost breakthrough role as James Bond.
If he snagged the role of James Bond instead of Daniel Craig, Henry Cavill would have missed out on starring in the movie "Man of Steel." It was found out that Cavill was a close runner up to Daniel Craig back in 2004 to portray the role of 007.
But now that he's won the role of "Superman," Henry's career holds a promising future. The 29-year-old British actor remains humble when he opened up about being chosen to portray the role of one of the most famous superheroes of all time.
On his interview for the December issue of Details magazine, Henry said that choosing him for the role was a "fluke."
"I suppose it's a fluke... It's about who looks right for the character and for the generation it's being cast for. If you only look at the American market, you're narrowing down your options an awful lot. The point of acting is to pretend you're someone else and sell a story," the actor said.
"Chris Hemsworth is an Australian man, not a god from Asgaard. It would be even more fluke-y if every person who was playing a superhero was American," Henry further explained.
Henry is also one of the favored actors to play the role of Christian Grey in the movie adaptation of E.L. James' "Fifty Shades of Grey." However, the actor remains coy about the issue.
"Whether that happens, that decision will be made at the time it has to be made. It would be a very different kind of thing than Man of Steel," Henry commented.
Apart from his role in "Tudors" and his starring role in "Immortals," Henry will certainly be more than just a household name after "Man of Steel. "
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Samsung SM-A500 (aka Wallet-Friendly Galaxy Alpha) Clears TENAA Revealing Images And Specs
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate