Henry Cavill Talks About Being ‘Superman’: ‘It’s a fluke’
By Czarina Malleta | November 29, 2012 5:02 PM EST
Hunky actor Henry Cavill talks about his new redefining role as "Superman" and his almost breakthrough role as James Bond.
If he snagged the role of James Bond instead of Daniel Craig, Henry Cavill would have missed out on starring in the movie "Man of Steel." It was found out that Cavill was a close runner up to Daniel Craig back in 2004 to portray the role of 007.
But now that he's won the role of "Superman," Henry's career holds a promising future. The 29-year-old British actor remains humble when he opened up about being chosen to portray the role of one of the most famous superheroes of all time.
On his interview for the December issue of Details magazine, Henry said that choosing him for the role was a "fluke."
"I suppose it's a fluke... It's about who looks right for the character and for the generation it's being cast for. If you only look at the American market, you're narrowing down your options an awful lot. The point of acting is to pretend you're someone else and sell a story," the actor said.
"Chris Hemsworth is an Australian man, not a god from Asgaard. It would be even more fluke-y if every person who was playing a superhero was American," Henry further explained.
Henry is also one of the favored actors to play the role of Christian Grey in the movie adaptation of E.L. James' "Fifty Shades of Grey." However, the actor remains coy about the issue.
"Whether that happens, that decision will be made at the time it has to be made. It would be a very different kind of thing than Man of Steel," Henry commented.
Apart from his role in "Tudors" and his starring role in "Immortals," Henry will certainly be more than just a household name after "Man of Steel. "
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists