Did Nostradamus Predicted Doomsday Because of ‘Gangnam Style’? [VIDEO]
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 29, 2012 4:16 PM EST
A funny yet scary story is making rounds on the Internet claiming that the worldwide dance craze "Gangnam Style" heralded the end of the world.
Sources say that Nostradamus predicted doomsday and it will be soon. The quoted text attributed to the legendary apothecary and reputed seer was:
"From the calm morning, the end will come
When of the dancing horse
the number of circles will be 9."
This apocalyptic meme is making the rounds online, claiming that Nostradamus predicted that the calm morning, a dancing horse and nine zeroes would beckon the end of the world.
The quote implied that South Korea's pride Psy and his "Gangnam Style" fandom is the beginning of the end. This story originated from a meme generated by the website 9Gag.
If the quote proved to be true, it would be so fitting. It was even backed up by evidences. Korea is also known as the "Land of the Morning Calm."
In 1934 A.D., an emperor of the Ming dynasty of China gave Korea the title of 'Chaohsien' that means morning freshness because of its spellbinding natural beauty of picturesque high mountains and clear waters and its splen-did tranquillity, particularly in the morning.
The calm morning and the dancing horse may mean the horse dance of the "Gangnam Style" sang by Korea's pop singer Psy. The last line, "number of circles will be nine" may refer to the number of views in YouTube when it reaches 1 billion views. Currently, the song has over 844 million views in the video streaming site.
Many people also relate the prophecy to the end of the Mayan Calendar on December 21, 2012.
It was believed that Nostradamus predicted some history's milestones such as the death of Henry II, the French Revolution, defeat of Hitler and the 9/11 terrorist attack at New York in 2001. However, there has been no proof yet that the quote was indeed from Nostradamus.
See the video of "Gangnam Style" below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced