‘The Hobbit’ Received Praises from Twitter Reviews after New Zealand Premiere
By Jenalyn Villamarin | November 29, 2012 2:22 PM EST
"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" had its red carpet premiere in Wellington, New Zealand on Wednesday where thousands of excited movie viewers attended the event. Afterwards, an outpour of positive reviews rapidly spread on the social networking site "Twitter."
The strict prohibition on releasing "The Hobbit" movie reviews did not prevent the thrilled audience from posting their opinion on Twitter. Based on the comments, it appears that "The Hobbit" is a commendable prequel to Peter Jackson's "Lord of the Rings" trilogy. For that reason, it is expected that more fans will not mind standing on a long line when "The Hobbit" hits the cinemas on December 14.
"X-Men" director Bryan Singer posted on his Twitter account @BryanSinger shortly after the movie premiere. "Just saw #Hobbit. Having some serious frame rate envy. Amazing and involving. Loved it! And @ianmckellen118, my friend, you are brilliant!" Singer wrote.
"Hobbit premiere was excellent! Thanks all !!! Enjoyed the film very much," composer Steven Gallagher also posted on @SteveG_Music.
Blogger Kylie Klein @KokoKabana posted: "The #Hobbit is everything I could have hoped for. Perfection. TWO MORE FILMS PLEASE. #3SR. I loved it. Transported. Already deeply, massively in love with Thranduil and he was only on screen for about three seconds."
Steven Joyce, a New Zealand Parliament member, also attended "The Hobbit" movie premiere. "Really enjoyed #Hobbit Unexpected Journey world premiere. Masterful movie. Congrats Sir Peter Jackson et al. Privilege 2 be there #HobbitNZ," Joyce posted on his @stevenljoyce Twitter account.
Carter Nixon, also a New Zealand movie audience, had nothing to say but admiration for Peter Jackson's work on the film. "I just saw and enjoyed The Hobbit. It's great." Nixon wrote on @CarterNixon. In additional Twitter messages, Nixon added: "I am not giving away any particulars. Staying vague until it opens but I dug it. A lot. Yeah everyone seemed to have loved it. Great atmosphere in theatre. It's a lot of fun."
"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" is scheduled for a release in Australian cinemas on December 26.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools