‘The Hobbit’ Received Praises from Twitter Reviews after New Zealand Premiere
By Jenalyn Villamarin | November 29, 2012 2:22 PM EST
"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" had its red carpet premiere in Wellington, New Zealand on Wednesday where thousands of excited movie viewers attended the event. Afterwards, an outpour of positive reviews rapidly spread on the social networking site "Twitter."
The strict prohibition on releasing "The Hobbit" movie reviews did not prevent the thrilled audience from posting their opinion on Twitter. Based on the comments, it appears that "The Hobbit" is a commendable prequel to Peter Jackson's "Lord of the Rings" trilogy. For that reason, it is expected that more fans will not mind standing on a long line when "The Hobbit" hits the cinemas on December 14.
"X-Men" director Bryan Singer posted on his Twitter account @BryanSinger shortly after the movie premiere. "Just saw #Hobbit. Having some serious frame rate envy. Amazing and involving. Loved it! And @ianmckellen118, my friend, you are brilliant!" Singer wrote.
"Hobbit premiere was excellent! Thanks all !!! Enjoyed the film very much," composer Steven Gallagher also posted on @SteveG_Music.
Blogger Kylie Klein @KokoKabana posted: "The #Hobbit is everything I could have hoped for. Perfection. TWO MORE FILMS PLEASE. #3SR. I loved it. Transported. Already deeply, massively in love with Thranduil and he was only on screen for about three seconds."
Steven Joyce, a New Zealand Parliament member, also attended "The Hobbit" movie premiere. "Really enjoyed #Hobbit Unexpected Journey world premiere. Masterful movie. Congrats Sir Peter Jackson et al. Privilege 2 be there #HobbitNZ," Joyce posted on his @stevenljoyce Twitter account.
Carter Nixon, also a New Zealand movie audience, had nothing to say but admiration for Peter Jackson's work on the film. "I just saw and enjoyed The Hobbit. It's great." Nixon wrote on @CarterNixon. In additional Twitter messages, Nixon added: "I am not giving away any particulars. Staying vague until it opens but I dug it. A lot. Yeah everyone seemed to have loved it. Great atmosphere in theatre. It's a lot of fun."
"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" is scheduled for a release in Australian cinemas on December 26.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Kaley Cuoco Says ‘Season 8 Here We Come’ In Instagram Video, Sports Pixie Haircut
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop