LG Nexus 4 for $300 vs Lenovo 4.5-inches Ideaphone for $270 – Which Budget Smartphone is for you?
By Arlene Paredes | November 29, 2012 1:23 PM EST
Lenovo Group is expected to launch its 4.5-inch Lenovo P770 Android Ideaphone in China. With a $270 price tag, Lenovo could draw in curious gadget shoppers. The device could even compete against Google's LG Nexus 4, which costs $300.
Initial reports indicate the Lenovo P770 has a 4.5 inch display with qHD resolution. It runs Jelly Bean with a 1.2GHz dual-core MediaTek processor powered by 3,500mAh battery. Lenovo says its new smartphone can last 29 hours of talk time. (This remains to be seen.)
Lenovo P770 has a 5 megapixel primary and VGA front-facing cameras. It comes with 4GB of internal storage.
Lenovo has a reputation for not spending time with non-Asian countries. But those who are keen on trying the device should be able to import a P770 with no hassle.
Androidph.com reported the Lenovo Ideaphone will cost ¥1,699 in China. That is about US$270, a relatively cheaper device compared to Nexus 4's current regular price.
The relatively cheap cost of the new device is probably made possible by going with MediaTek. Still, Lenovo got a powerful battery, showing confidence in its processor.
Google LG Nexus 4 vs Lenovo P770
Most of the specifications of the Lenovo Ideaphone will pale in comparison to the specs of the LG-manufactured Nexus 4.
The Nexus 4 has 4.7-inch display and a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor. It comes with 8MP primary and 1.3 secondary cameras.
What would make a new buyer think twice is the P770's 3,500mAh battery against Nexus 4's 2100 mAh battery kit.
This will be a matter of assessing the importance of convenient access and battery life for some buyers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide