LG Nexus 4 for $300 vs Lenovo 4.5-inches Ideaphone for $270 – Which Budget Smartphone is for you?
By Arlene Paredes | November 29, 2012 1:23 PM EST
Lenovo Group is expected to launch its 4.5-inch Lenovo P770 Android Ideaphone in China. With a $270 price tag, Lenovo could draw in curious gadget shoppers. The device could even compete against Google's LG Nexus 4, which costs $300.
Initial reports indicate the Lenovo P770 has a 4.5 inch display with qHD resolution. It runs Jelly Bean with a 1.2GHz dual-core MediaTek processor powered by 3,500mAh battery. Lenovo says its new smartphone can last 29 hours of talk time. (This remains to be seen.)
Lenovo P770 has a 5 megapixel primary and VGA front-facing cameras. It comes with 4GB of internal storage.
Lenovo has a reputation for not spending time with non-Asian countries. But those who are keen on trying the device should be able to import a P770 with no hassle.
Androidph.com reported the Lenovo Ideaphone will cost ¥1,699 in China. That is about US$270, a relatively cheaper device compared to Nexus 4's current regular price.
The relatively cheap cost of the new device is probably made possible by going with MediaTek. Still, Lenovo got a powerful battery, showing confidence in its processor.
Google LG Nexus 4 vs Lenovo P770
Most of the specifications of the Lenovo Ideaphone will pale in comparison to the specs of the LG-manufactured Nexus 4.
The Nexus 4 has 4.7-inch display and a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor. It comes with 8MP primary and 1.3 secondary cameras.
What would make a new buyer think twice is the P770's 3,500mAh battery against Nexus 4's 2100 mAh battery kit.
This will be a matter of assessing the importance of convenient access and battery life for some buyers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists