Exclusive: Vivendi gets four bids for GVT - sources
By Leila Abboud | November 29, 2012 6:56 AM EST
The offers are below the 7 billion euros that sources had earlier told Reuters Vivendi was aiming to garner from the sale of GVT, an alternative provider of fixed telephone, broadband, and TV services in 120 Brazilian cities.
Preliminary bids were submitted by satellite group DirecTV
U.S. billionaire John Malone's cable group Liberty Global
Vivendi initially received more than four non-binding offers and had retained four to go on to the next stage of the process the first person said. It aims to have final bids by early January.
(Reporting by Leila Abboud, Editing by Dominique Vidalon)
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery