Cowboys Fan Petitions Obama To Remove Jerry Jones; White House Rejects Request [FULL TEXT]
By Tom Herrmann | November 29, 2012 5:40 AM EST
A football fan has requested that President Obama rescue the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys from team owner and general manager Jerry Jones. The request has been nixed by the White House, reports the Washington Post.
Steven M of Ft. Benning, Ga., took his grievances with the owner and GM of the Cowboys to the very top. The Dallas Morning News has reported that the unsatisfied fan created a petition to have President Obama remove Jones from his positions.
“We, the Citizens of the Great State of Texas, and Dallas Cowboys fans worldwide, have been oppressed by an over controlling, delusional, oppressive dictator for way too long. Request the Executive Branch’s immediate assistance in removal of owner and GM, Jerry Jones,” reads the petition that has since been removed from the White House petition section. “His incompetence and ego have not only been an extreme disappointment for way too long, but moreover, it has caused extreme mental and emotional duress.”
Before the White House website took the petition taken down, it had gathered over 4 thousand signatures, according to the Post. The request was taken down for violating the terms of participation on the White House's website.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows