Cowboys Fan Petitions Obama To Remove Jerry Jones; White House Rejects Request [FULL TEXT]
By Tom Herrmann | November 29, 2012 5:40 AM EST
A football fan has requested that President Obama rescue the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys from team owner and general manager Jerry Jones. The request has been nixed by the White House, reports the Washington Post.
Steven M of Ft. Benning, Ga., took his grievances with the owner and GM of the Cowboys to the very top. The Dallas Morning News has reported that the unsatisfied fan created a petition to have President Obama remove Jones from his positions.
“We, the Citizens of the Great State of Texas, and Dallas Cowboys fans worldwide, have been oppressed by an over controlling, delusional, oppressive dictator for way too long. Request the Executive Branch’s immediate assistance in removal of owner and GM, Jerry Jones,” reads the petition that has since been removed from the White House petition section. “His incompetence and ego have not only been an extreme disappointment for way too long, but moreover, it has caused extreme mental and emotional duress.”
Before the White House website took the petition taken down, it had gathered over 4 thousand signatures, according to the Post. The request was taken down for violating the terms of participation on the White House's website.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand