Lampard Needed At LA Galaxy – Keane
By Vanessa Keller | November 29, 2012 5:19 AM EST
Robbie Keane believes that Chelsea star Frank Lampard would fit perfectly into the LA Galaxy line-up, with the Blues man shaping up as a possible replacement for the outgoing David Beckham.
Beckham has now played his last game in LA, and numerous clubs have been connected with the England star, from Australian sides to China, to France and West Ham and QPR.
And Keane believes that one of the world's most recognisable faces will indeed be able to walk into any club as he decides his next move.
"His ability on the ball is the best I have seen." Keane told Sky Sports News. "His passing is ridiculous. He still has a few years left in him. He still has that hunger and drive.
"He's been in England for a long time, and won the Premier League, so whether he wants to go somewhere else, and win the league there, I'm not too sure."
And with Beckham on the way out, LA now have room for a player on a big wage to come in.
Lampard has always insisted that he wants to spend the entirety of his career at Chelsea, but as contract continue to stall, he looks to be on the way out, and Keane believes he would fit in well in the MLS.
"Frank is obviously a great player." He explained. "He's proven over the years to be a top professional at Chelsea and we certainly need players like Frank."
Incoming Chelsea manager Rafa Benitez admitted last week that Lampard and Ashley Cole are likely to both leave the club at the end of the season, telling reporters: "I think so. I think that's the case at the moment.
"I don't have all the information, but it's not fair to tell me I'm only here for seven months and then expect me to have an influence at the club over the next two or three years."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Boxing News: Freddie Roach Not Buying Into Arum's Claim Of Pacquiao v Mayweather In 2015, Claims 'Money' Will Say 'No' After Algieri Fight
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef