Arsenal vs. Everton: Where to Watch Live Stream Online; Preview, Team News and Prediction
By Jason Le Miere | November 29, 2012 4:40 AM EST
Ahead of Arsenal’s crunch meeting with Everton, Arsene Wenger has hit back at what he calls a “minority” of the club’s fans who voiced their disapproval following an uninspiring goalless draw at Aston Villas on Saturday.
"That some fans are not happy when you draw 0-0 at Aston Villa I can understand because I am not happy," he said, according to Arsenal’s official website. "I want to win the game as well.
"The only thing you can say in the modern media service is that the extreme opinions are picked and sold like a majority—and that is not the case always.
"That means those who shout the loudest are usually presented because they are interesting and easy to sell. But they do not always represent the majority of opinions.”
The result at Villa Park came as a particular disappointment after an emphatic north London derby victory over Tottenham a week earlier. The Gunners, who currently have their lowest points tally after 13 games of the season since Wenger took charge of the club in 1996, sit a disappointing sixth in the Premier League, a point behind Wednesday’s opponents.
While most Everton fans would likely have taken fifth place at this stage of the season, there may well currently be some frustration that the Toffees are not even better positioned after their initial flying start to the campaign.
David Moyes’ side have drawn five of their last seven games, a spell which also included a loss to Reading. Their form at Goodison Park has been solid, though. Indeed the last team to come away with three points was Arsenal back in March.
Everton will receive a massive boost for Wednesday’s clash with influential midfielder Marouane Fellaini available again after a one-match suspension. Fellow midfielder Darron Gibson will face a late fitness test, but Kevin Mirallas and Seamus Coleman remain on the sidelines.
There is good news on the injury front for Arsenal as Theo Walcott is fit again and will compete for a spot on the right of the attack with Gervinho and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
D: Jagielka, Heitinga, Distin, Baines
M: Naismith, Hitzlsperger, Osman, Pienaar
D: Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs
M: Arteta, Wilshere
Gervinho, Cazorla, Podolski
Prediction: Neither side comes into the fixture in the most sparkling of form. After starting well against Norwich on Saturday, Everton faded before conceding a late equalizer. With Fellaini back, they should be better equipped on Wednesday. Certainly Arsenal will have to be on their guard to defend against the big Belgian, especially from balls lofted in the box—an area which they have struggled with at times this season.
Arsenal have also had problems breaking down well organized teams over the course of the campaign and this match could well be set for a low-scoring draw.
Everton 1-1 Arsenal
Where to watch: The Barclays Premier League match kicks-off from Goodison Park at 2.45 p.m. ET. Coverage will be provided by Fox Soccer Plus, with a live stream available on Fox Soccer 2Go.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers