Arsenal vs. Everton: Where to Watch Live Stream Online; Preview, Team News and Prediction
By Jason Le Miere | November 29, 2012 4:40 AM EST
Ahead of Arsenal’s crunch meeting with Everton, Arsene Wenger has hit back at what he calls a “minority” of the club’s fans who voiced their disapproval following an uninspiring goalless draw at Aston Villas on Saturday.
"That some fans are not happy when you draw 0-0 at Aston Villa I can understand because I am not happy," he said, according to Arsenal’s official website. "I want to win the game as well.
"The only thing you can say in the modern media service is that the extreme opinions are picked and sold like a majority—and that is not the case always.
"That means those who shout the loudest are usually presented because they are interesting and easy to sell. But they do not always represent the majority of opinions.”
The result at Villa Park came as a particular disappointment after an emphatic north London derby victory over Tottenham a week earlier. The Gunners, who currently have their lowest points tally after 13 games of the season since Wenger took charge of the club in 1996, sit a disappointing sixth in the Premier League, a point behind Wednesday’s opponents.
While most Everton fans would likely have taken fifth place at this stage of the season, there may well currently be some frustration that the Toffees are not even better positioned after their initial flying start to the campaign.
David Moyes’ side have drawn five of their last seven games, a spell which also included a loss to Reading. Their form at Goodison Park has been solid, though. Indeed the last team to come away with three points was Arsenal back in March.
Everton will receive a massive boost for Wednesday’s clash with influential midfielder Marouane Fellaini available again after a one-match suspension. Fellow midfielder Darron Gibson will face a late fitness test, but Kevin Mirallas and Seamus Coleman remain on the sidelines.
There is good news on the injury front for Arsenal as Theo Walcott is fit again and will compete for a spot on the right of the attack with Gervinho and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
D: Jagielka, Heitinga, Distin, Baines
M: Naismith, Hitzlsperger, Osman, Pienaar
D: Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs
M: Arteta, Wilshere
Gervinho, Cazorla, Podolski
Prediction: Neither side comes into the fixture in the most sparkling of form. After starting well against Norwich on Saturday, Everton faded before conceding a late equalizer. With Fellaini back, they should be better equipped on Wednesday. Certainly Arsenal will have to be on their guard to defend against the big Belgian, especially from balls lofted in the box—an area which they have struggled with at times this season.
Arsenal have also had problems breaking down well organized teams over the course of the campaign and this match could well be set for a low-scoring draw.
Everton 1-1 Arsenal
Where to watch: The Barclays Premier League match kicks-off from Goodison Park at 2.45 p.m. ET. Coverage will be provided by Fox Soccer Plus, with a live stream available on Fox Soccer 2Go.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu