New York Nanny Yoselyn Ortega Pleads Not Guilty to Murdering Krim Children
By Hannah Osborne | November 29, 2012 3:39 AM EST
New York nanny Yoselyn Ortega has pleaded not guilty to stabbing two small children to death in the bath of their Manhattan apartment.
Ortega, 50, was indicted on murder charges earlier this month after the two children, Lucia and Leo Krim, were found dead by their mother, Marina Krim, on 25 October.
Leo, 2, and Lucia, 6, were the children of CNBC media executive Kevin Krim.
Ortega was arraigned today in hospital, where she is being treated for self-inflicted stab wounds.
The nanny had worked for the Krim family for two years. She was formally arrested after police interviewed her from her hospital bed.
During the police interviews, Ortega admitted to hurting the children but denied murdering them.
Leo and Lucia were discovered by their mother after she returned home with her three-year-old daughter from a swimming lesson.
Following a memorial service held for the children on 5 November, Kevin and Marina Krim said in a statement: "We want to thank you for your extraordinary outpouring of love and kindness.
"Lulu and Leo were two of our three best friends, and we miss them so much. Our daughter Nessie is very strong, and with your support we will be strong for her."
After Ortega woke up from her coma, a police source told the New York Post that she had been angry at the Krim family after being asked to do housework.
"She said something like, 'I'm paid to watch the children, not clean up and do housework'. There was friction between her and the family," they said.
"They were asking her to clean, to do housework. She was unhappy about that. She was told that if she didn't improve her work, she would be let go."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28