Wall Street pares losses after Boehner comments
November 29, 2012 2:56 AM EST
Stocks sharply pared losses after U.S. House Speaker John Boehner voiced optimism that Republicans could reach a deal with the White House to avoid year-end austerity measures.
The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> dropped 11.59 points, or 0.09 percent, to 12,866.54. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> shed 2.70 points, or 0.19 percent, to 1,396.24. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> lost 5.81 points, or 0.20 percent, to 2,961.98.
(Reporting by Chuck Mikolajczak; Editing by Kenneth Barry)
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft