Wall Street pares losses after Boehner comments
November 29, 2012 2:56 AM EST
Stocks sharply pared losses after U.S. House Speaker John Boehner voiced optimism that Republicans could reach a deal with the White House to avoid year-end austerity measures.
The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> dropped 11.59 points, or 0.09 percent, to 12,866.54. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> shed 2.70 points, or 0.19 percent, to 1,396.24. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> lost 5.81 points, or 0.20 percent, to 2,961.98.
(Reporting by Chuck Mikolajczak; Editing by Kenneth Barry)
Join the Conversation
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013