'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' Box Office Collection: Shahrukh Khan Starrer Dominates BO In Week Two
By Ankita Mehta | November 29, 2012 12:08 AM EST
The "Badshah of Bollywood" Shahrukh Khan is ruling the box office with his latest film "Jab Tak Hai Jaan", which was released on Nov 13. The romantic movie till now has raked in ₹113.81 crore from the domestic box office alone.
With his latest film, the actor has aonce gain proved that romantic roles suit him best.
Yash Chopra's last directorial venture "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" starring Shahrukh, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma in the lead roles was released on Diwali across more than 2500 screens across India and 600 screens in the international market.
Although, the movie witnessed a considerable fall in the second week, it is still dominating domestic as well as overseas box offices.
"#JTHJ [2nd Week] Tue 2.21 cr. Total: Rs 113.81 cr nett. Note: India business only," trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted on Wednesday.
According to reports, Yash Raj Films, the producers of the movie, will make a minimum profit of ₹80 crore from the film including profits from theatricals, overseas, satellite, music and home videos.
It has already collected ₹175.15 crore worldwide and is expected to cross the ₹200 crore mark at box offices. But the business is declining, and with new films releasing this Friday the collection of "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" might fall.
Aamir Khan's mystery film "Talaash: The Answer Lies Within" is set to hit the theaters on Friday, Nov 30. The advance booking of the film directed by Reema Kagti is getting good response at multiplexes.
The movie, also starring Rani Mukherjee and Kareena Kapoor, is expected to affect the business of "Jab Tak Hai Jaan".
Produced by Aditya under Yash Raj Films banner, "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" had been touted to be the biggest blockbuster release of this year but it failed to do so. It marked the comeback of legendary filmmaker Yash Chopra to direction after a gap of eight years.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Jurassic World’ Director Teases New Image Featuring Chris Pratt In A Friendly Pose With A Raptor [Spoilers]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- Bookmaker Suspends Bets on Queen Elizabeth II Christmas Day Abdication Announcement
- 'White Collar' Season 6, Episode 6 Spoiler: Matt Bomer's Neal Caffrey Dies In Finale Speculations, Mozzie Dies And 'Baby Neal' In Facebook Comments
- Kate Middleton News: The Duchess Glams Up In Queen’s Christmas Lunch After Controversial Hoodie [PHOTOS]