Liverpool Transfer News: Rodgers Wants Two Loan Deals in January
By Vishnuprasad S | November 28, 2012 11:15 PM EST
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers claims he is prepared to spend in the January transfer window and intends to make one or two loan signings as well.
The Reds, who are short of options up front, have been linked to a host of forwards, including Aston Villa's Darren Bent, Chelsea's Daniel Sturridge, Arsenal's Theo Walcott and Schalke's Klaas-Jan Huntelaar. Rodgers insists the majority of these rumours are false but admitted the club will bring in a couple of players on short-term deals.
"The squad has been ultra-thin right the way through. There will be some money available. There have been a million names linked to the club and the brutal honesty of it is that 99% of those we haven't been thinking about. But there will be a bit of money to spend and hopefully we can get one or two loans in, if that's possible, to reinforce the group," talkSport quoted the Northern Irishman as saying.
Liverpool have recovered from a disastrous start to the season - their worst in more than a century - and are now 11th in the league, thanks to an eight-match unbeaten run. And Rodgers hailed the progress made by his men.
"I think we are on the up and improving all the time. It was obviously very difficult at the beginning with tough games and trying to implement new ideas. It's difficult when you are playing against some of the big sides and established sides... the application of the players has been outstanding. They have been superb in terms of wanting to learn, wanting to improve and wanting to work," the 39-year-old pointed out.
Liverpool Academy Star Loses Battle with Cancer
The Reds have announced that youth player Stephen Packer has lost his battle with cancer.
"Everybody at the club has been deeply shocked and saddened by Stevie's passing. He was very highly thought of by everyone he came into contact with. He was a really happy kid and always had a smile on his face," Liverpool academy director Frank McParland told the club's official Web site.
"Not only that, but Stevie was a really talented young footballer. He was the best athlete within his group and very speedy. Stevie is going to be really missed by everyone here and we'd all like to offer his family and friends our condolences," he added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related