Saudi Diplomat Khaled al-A'anzi Killed in Yemen Capital Sana'a
By Gianluca Mezzofiore | November 28, 2012 11:05 PM EST
A Saudi diplomat has been shot dead in Sana'a, Yemen's capital.
Khaled al-A'anzi, reportedly a member of a Saudi military delegation, came under attack by militants who were disguised as members of the central security services.
Gunmen opened fire on the diplomat's car, according to an AFP report, and the car flipped over. A'anzi's bodyguard was also killed.
"Gunmen opened fire at the Saudi diplomat's car in a neighbourhood in southern Sana'a, killing him and his Yemeni bodyguard," a Yemeni security official said.
He added that the diplomat was the assistant military attache at the Saudi embassy.
A spokesman for the Saudi foreign ministry in Riyadh confirmed the death.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- Teachers’ Strike in BC, Canada Stalls 1st Day of School; Labour Dispute Could Last Even After Labour Day
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged
- Australia Races Against Potential Genocide In Iraq
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase