Andrew Partington Admits Manslaughter of Toddler Jamie Heaton Following Oldham Gas Explosion
By Ewan Palmer | November 28, 2012 10:47 PM EST
Andrew Partington has pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of toddler Jamie Heaton following a gas explosion at a house in Oldham.
Partington, 27, pleaded guilty at Manchester Crown Court via video-link to the manslaughter of two-year-old Jamie, and also admitted eight charges of destroying neighbouring houses, causing £1m worth of damage.
The explosion, which ripped through three houses in Shaw, Oldham on 26 June, happened because neighbour Partington let his home fill up with gas overnight.
Partington, an unemployed father of six, suffered 40 percent burns and was in hospital for two months following the blast. He is believed to have had an argument with his girlfriend the night before the explosion.
Jamie was watching television in the living room of his family's home in Shaw when the blast occurred at around 11:15am.
Jamie's mother, Michelle Heaton, survived the explosion as she was in the backyard of the house hanging up clothes and his father Kenny was out at work. Both were in court for the hearing.
Following Jamie's death, his family said that Jamie "adored his family his brother and sister, Jack and Jodie. They loved their cuddles and play fighting.
"Even though we only had a short time with Jamie, the time we had was special and his memory will live on through Jack and Jodie and everyone close to him.
"His personality was unique and amazing. Jamie was unique and amazing - we will miss everything about him."
Partington will be sentenced on 11 February.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Egyptian Feminist Sends a Bold Message to ISIS as she Poses Nude & Bleeds On Islamic State Flag
- Canadian Serial Killer Suspect Confesses And Gives Murder Details
- No Charges Against 9-Year-Old Uzi Girl Who Accidentally Shoots to Death Arizona Gun Instructor (VIDEO)
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Judge Redfoo Hurt After Attacker Threw Glass At Him in Sydney Hotel
- Court Rejects Corinna Schumacher’s Lawsuit Against German Media That Published Her Photos En Route To Michael Schumacher’s Hospital
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected