Andrew Partington Admits Manslaughter of Toddler Jamie Heaton Following Oldham Gas Explosion
By Ewan Palmer | November 28, 2012 10:47 PM EST
Andrew Partington has pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of toddler Jamie Heaton following a gas explosion at a house in Oldham.
Partington, 27, pleaded guilty at Manchester Crown Court via video-link to the manslaughter of two-year-old Jamie, and also admitted eight charges of destroying neighbouring houses, causing £1m worth of damage.
The explosion, which ripped through three houses in Shaw, Oldham on 26 June, happened because neighbour Partington let his home fill up with gas overnight.
Partington, an unemployed father of six, suffered 40 percent burns and was in hospital for two months following the blast. He is believed to have had an argument with his girlfriend the night before the explosion.
Jamie was watching television in the living room of his family's home in Shaw when the blast occurred at around 11:15am.
Jamie's mother, Michelle Heaton, survived the explosion as she was in the backyard of the house hanging up clothes and his father Kenny was out at work. Both were in court for the hearing.
Following Jamie's death, his family said that Jamie "adored his family his brother and sister, Jack and Jodie. They loved their cuddles and play fighting.
"Even though we only had a short time with Jamie, the time we had was special and his memory will live on through Jack and Jodie and everyone close to him.
"His personality was unique and amazing. Jamie was unique and amazing - we will miss everything about him."
Partington will be sentenced on 11 February.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage