Andrew Partington Admits Manslaughter of Toddler Jamie Heaton Following Oldham Gas Explosion
By Ewan Palmer | November 28, 2012 10:47 PM EST
Andrew Partington has pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of toddler Jamie Heaton following a gas explosion at a house in Oldham.
Partington, 27, pleaded guilty at Manchester Crown Court via video-link to the manslaughter of two-year-old Jamie, and also admitted eight charges of destroying neighbouring houses, causing £1m worth of damage.
The explosion, which ripped through three houses in Shaw, Oldham on 26 June, happened because neighbour Partington let his home fill up with gas overnight.
Partington, an unemployed father of six, suffered 40 percent burns and was in hospital for two months following the blast. He is believed to have had an argument with his girlfriend the night before the explosion.
Jamie was watching television in the living room of his family's home in Shaw when the blast occurred at around 11:15am.
Jamie's mother, Michelle Heaton, survived the explosion as she was in the backyard of the house hanging up clothes and his father Kenny was out at work. Both were in court for the hearing.
Following Jamie's death, his family said that Jamie "adored his family his brother and sister, Jack and Jodie. They loved their cuddles and play fighting.
"Even though we only had a short time with Jamie, the time we had was special and his memory will live on through Jack and Jodie and everyone close to him.
"His personality was unique and amazing. Jamie was unique and amazing - we will miss everything about him."
Partington will be sentenced on 11 February.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone