China’s Tablet Market Grows 63% in Q3; Apple Maintains Dominance
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 28, 2012 9:42 PM EST
The tablet market of China witnessed a growth of 62.5 percent in the third quarter of the fiscal year, an industry analysis report said on Wednesday.
The latest report by technology research firm Analysys International shows that the tablet market of China in the third quarter of the year was dominated by Apple Inc with a grip of 71 percent of sales. For the third quarter, China totaled a sale of 2.6 million tablet PCs, much higher than the sales of last year.
PC maker Lenovo Group with 10.5 percent of sales grabbed the second position in the tablet market, while the Chinese firm Ereneben was at the third position with 3.6 percent, beating Samsung Electronics which stood at 3.5 percent. However, Samsung was a step ahead of Acer for a fractional difference of 0.6 percent.
The report also predicted the increase in tablet PC sales in the following months, but did not give any estimated figure. In recent times, the tablet and the smartphone market in China has mounted due to the increased demand for the budget gadgets to access internet as well as the price cut. Earlier reports had showed that smartpone sales in China continued to rise as the demand for internet-linked devices scaled up in comparison to the feature phones. In China, Android may take the first position when it comes to the market of smartphones.
"In China, sales of mobile phones grew driven by sales of smartphones, while demand of feature phones remained weak," according to a latest report by research firm Gartner.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date