China’s Tablet Market Grows 63% in Q3; Apple Maintains Dominance
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 28, 2012 9:42 PM EST
The tablet market of China witnessed a growth of 62.5 percent in the third quarter of the fiscal year, an industry analysis report said on Wednesday.
The latest report by technology research firm Analysys International shows that the tablet market of China in the third quarter of the year was dominated by Apple Inc with a grip of 71 percent of sales. For the third quarter, China totaled a sale of 2.6 million tablet PCs, much higher than the sales of last year.
PC maker Lenovo Group with 10.5 percent of sales grabbed the second position in the tablet market, while the Chinese firm Ereneben was at the third position with 3.6 percent, beating Samsung Electronics which stood at 3.5 percent. However, Samsung was a step ahead of Acer for a fractional difference of 0.6 percent.
The report also predicted the increase in tablet PC sales in the following months, but did not give any estimated figure. In recent times, the tablet and the smartphone market in China has mounted due to the increased demand for the budget gadgets to access internet as well as the price cut. Earlier reports had showed that smartpone sales in China continued to rise as the demand for internet-linked devices scaled up in comparison to the feature phones. In China, Android may take the first position when it comes to the market of smartphones.
"In China, sales of mobile phones grew driven by sales of smartphones, while demand of feature phones remained weak," according to a latest report by research firm Gartner.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Telstra To Convert Old Payphones Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- #Bendgate Video Hits Almost 46 Million In 5 Days, But Impact On Apple’s Finances Minimal
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes