China’s Tablet Market Grows 63% in Q3; Apple Maintains Dominance
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 28, 2012 9:42 PM EST
The tablet market of China witnessed a growth of 62.5 percent in the third quarter of the fiscal year, an industry analysis report said on Wednesday.
The latest report by technology research firm Analysys International shows that the tablet market of China in the third quarter of the year was dominated by Apple Inc with a grip of 71 percent of sales. For the third quarter, China totaled a sale of 2.6 million tablet PCs, much higher than the sales of last year.
PC maker Lenovo Group with 10.5 percent of sales grabbed the second position in the tablet market, while the Chinese firm Ereneben was at the third position with 3.6 percent, beating Samsung Electronics which stood at 3.5 percent. However, Samsung was a step ahead of Acer for a fractional difference of 0.6 percent.
The report also predicted the increase in tablet PC sales in the following months, but did not give any estimated figure. In recent times, the tablet and the smartphone market in China has mounted due to the increased demand for the budget gadgets to access internet as well as the price cut. Earlier reports had showed that smartpone sales in China continued to rise as the demand for internet-linked devices scaled up in comparison to the feature phones. In China, Android may take the first position when it comes to the market of smartphones.
"In China, sales of mobile phones grew driven by sales of smartphones, while demand of feature phones remained weak," according to a latest report by research firm Gartner.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored