China’s Tablet Market Grows 63% in Q3; Apple Maintains Dominance
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 28, 2012 9:42 PM EST
The tablet market of China witnessed a growth of 62.5 percent in the third quarter of the fiscal year, an industry analysis report said on Wednesday.
The latest report by technology research firm Analysys International shows that the tablet market of China in the third quarter of the year was dominated by Apple Inc with a grip of 71 percent of sales. For the third quarter, China totaled a sale of 2.6 million tablet PCs, much higher than the sales of last year.
PC maker Lenovo Group with 10.5 percent of sales grabbed the second position in the tablet market, while the Chinese firm Ereneben was at the third position with 3.6 percent, beating Samsung Electronics which stood at 3.5 percent. However, Samsung was a step ahead of Acer for a fractional difference of 0.6 percent.
The report also predicted the increase in tablet PC sales in the following months, but did not give any estimated figure. In recent times, the tablet and the smartphone market in China has mounted due to the increased demand for the budget gadgets to access internet as well as the price cut. Earlier reports had showed that smartpone sales in China continued to rise as the demand for internet-linked devices scaled up in comparison to the feature phones. In China, Android may take the first position when it comes to the market of smartphones.
"In China, sales of mobile phones grew driven by sales of smartphones, while demand of feature phones remained weak," according to a latest report by research firm Gartner.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports