China’s Tablet Market Grows 63% in Q3; Apple Maintains Dominance
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 28, 2012 9:42 PM EST
The tablet market of China witnessed a growth of 62.5 percent in the third quarter of the fiscal year, an industry analysis report said on Wednesday.
The latest report by technology research firm Analysys International shows that the tablet market of China in the third quarter of the year was dominated by Apple Inc with a grip of 71 percent of sales. For the third quarter, China totaled a sale of 2.6 million tablet PCs, much higher than the sales of last year.
PC maker Lenovo Group with 10.5 percent of sales grabbed the second position in the tablet market, while the Chinese firm Ereneben was at the third position with 3.6 percent, beating Samsung Electronics which stood at 3.5 percent. However, Samsung was a step ahead of Acer for a fractional difference of 0.6 percent.
The report also predicted the increase in tablet PC sales in the following months, but did not give any estimated figure. In recent times, the tablet and the smartphone market in China has mounted due to the increased demand for the budget gadgets to access internet as well as the price cut. Earlier reports had showed that smartpone sales in China continued to rise as the demand for internet-linked devices scaled up in comparison to the feature phones. In China, Android may take the first position when it comes to the market of smartphones.
"In China, sales of mobile phones grew driven by sales of smartphones, while demand of feature phones remained weak," according to a latest report by research firm Gartner.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles