Standard Chartered top economist Lyons steps down
November 28, 2012 9:35 PM EST
Lyons will leave as chief economist and group head of global research on Friday. He has been at Standard Chartered for 13 years and is frequently its public voice on China, Asia and a wide range of economic issues.
"I will be taking a short break and will be announcing a new role outside the financial sector the week after next," Lyons said on his Twitter account.
The bank confirmed his departure. "He leaves the bank on very good terms and we wish him all the best in the future," it said, adding that his replacement would be named "in due course".
Lyons has worked in financial services for 25 years, and previously worked at DKB International, Swiss Bank Corporation and Chase Manhattan. He gained an PhD on testing the efficiency of financial futures markets at the University of London.
(Reporting by Steve Slater; Editing by David Goodman)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Google Nexus 6 Speculations Now Include Price: Five Fresh Features to Unpack on New Android Smart Phone in October/November Release Date
- Apple's iPhone 6 vs. Xiaomi Mi 4: Specifications, Features and Prices
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- A Florida Widow Wins $23.6 Billion Lawsuit Against Tobacco Company
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide