Standard Chartered top economist Lyons steps down
November 28, 2012 9:35 PM EST
Lyons will leave as chief economist and group head of global research on Friday. He has been at Standard Chartered for 13 years and is frequently its public voice on China, Asia and a wide range of economic issues.
"I will be taking a short break and will be announcing a new role outside the financial sector the week after next," Lyons said on his Twitter account.
The bank confirmed his departure. "He leaves the bank on very good terms and we wish him all the best in the future," it said, adding that his replacement would be named "in due course".
Lyons has worked in financial services for 25 years, and previously worked at DKB International, Swiss Bank Corporation and Chase Manhattan. He gained an PhD on testing the efficiency of financial futures markets at the University of London.
(Reporting by Steve Slater; Editing by David Goodman)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0