EU Morning Report - Risky currencies sell-off
By NikolasX | November 28, 2012 8:28 PM EST
The euro (EUR) is weakening against most of its major counterparts, as market participants focus on the US fiscal cliff scenario. This comes one day after the eurogroup meeting reached an agreement on Greece. The eurozone finance ministers consented after 13 hours of negotiations on Monday to lower the interest rates on bilateral loans to the debt-ridden nation, while interest payments due to the European Financial Stability Fund (EFSF) will be postponed by 10 years. Additionally, the maturity of the loans increased to 30 from 15 years. In the US, the fiscal cliff situation has not seen any developments and as days go by with no breakthrough, investors will start looking for alternative risk haven assets.
§ The Canadian (CAD) and Australian dollar (AUD) are weakening versus most of its counterparts. The same is true for the British pound (GBP) following the release of the 3rd quarter Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in line with expectations at 1.0%.
§ OIL has now found support at 87.00 US dollars (USD) a barrel and a breakthrough below that level could pave the way for lower lows.
§ GOLD (XAU) dropped from 1749.15 to 1741.43 yesterday and recorded a lower low this morning at 1737.43. There is a major support level at 1735.80 for the precious metal.
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.2955||SHORT @ 1.2945||39% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||82.25||SHORT @ 82.25||52% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.6030||SHORT @ 1.6020||38% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0454||LONG @ 1.0454||28% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1735||LONG @ 1735||68% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||88.50||SHORT @ 88.50||78% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||09:00||M3 Money Supply Annual Growth in October||2.8%|
|.||USD||15:00||New Home Sales in December||390k|
|.||OIL||15:30||Crude Oil Inventories||0.4mil|
The US dollar (USD) rebounded off the support found at 6.5900 against the Swedish krone (SEK) yesterday, breaking through the resistance areas observed at 6.6400 and 6.6800. The pair now lies above 6.7000 and while retracements should be expected, as long as the 6.68 support remains intact there should be more potential for upside.
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales