EU Morning Report - Risky currencies sell-off
By NikolasX | November 28, 2012 8:28 PM EST
The euro (EUR) is weakening against most of its major counterparts, as market participants focus on the US fiscal cliff scenario. This comes one day after the eurogroup meeting reached an agreement on Greece. The eurozone finance ministers consented after 13 hours of negotiations on Monday to lower the interest rates on bilateral loans to the debt-ridden nation, while interest payments due to the European Financial Stability Fund (EFSF) will be postponed by 10 years. Additionally, the maturity of the loans increased to 30 from 15 years. In the US, the fiscal cliff situation has not seen any developments and as days go by with no breakthrough, investors will start looking for alternative risk haven assets.
§ The Canadian (CAD) and Australian dollar (AUD) are weakening versus most of its counterparts. The same is true for the British pound (GBP) following the release of the 3rd quarter Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in line with expectations at 1.0%.
§ OIL has now found support at 87.00 US dollars (USD) a barrel and a breakthrough below that level could pave the way for lower lows.
§ GOLD (XAU) dropped from 1749.15 to 1741.43 yesterday and recorded a lower low this morning at 1737.43. There is a major support level at 1735.80 for the precious metal.
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.2955||SHORT @ 1.2945||39% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||82.25||SHORT @ 82.25||52% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.6030||SHORT @ 1.6020||38% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0454||LONG @ 1.0454||28% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1735||LONG @ 1735||68% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||88.50||SHORT @ 88.50||78% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||09:00||M3 Money Supply Annual Growth in October||2.8%|
|.||USD||15:00||New Home Sales in December||390k|
|.||OIL||15:30||Crude Oil Inventories||0.4mil|
The US dollar (USD) rebounded off the support found at 6.5900 against the Swedish krone (SEK) yesterday, breaking through the resistance areas observed at 6.6400 and 6.6800. The pair now lies above 6.7000 and while retracements should be expected, as long as the 6.68 support remains intact there should be more potential for upside.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display