EU Morning Report - Risky currencies sell-off
By NikolasX | November 28, 2012 8:28 PM EST
The euro (EUR) is weakening against most of its major counterparts, as market participants focus on the US fiscal cliff scenario. This comes one day after the eurogroup meeting reached an agreement on Greece. The eurozone finance ministers consented after 13 hours of negotiations on Monday to lower the interest rates on bilateral loans to the debt-ridden nation, while interest payments due to the European Financial Stability Fund (EFSF) will be postponed by 10 years. Additionally, the maturity of the loans increased to 30 from 15 years. In the US, the fiscal cliff situation has not seen any developments and as days go by with no breakthrough, investors will start looking for alternative risk haven assets.
§ The Canadian (CAD) and Australian dollar (AUD) are weakening versus most of its counterparts. The same is true for the British pound (GBP) following the release of the 3rd quarter Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in line with expectations at 1.0%.
§ OIL has now found support at 87.00 US dollars (USD) a barrel and a breakthrough below that level could pave the way for lower lows.
§ GOLD (XAU) dropped from 1749.15 to 1741.43 yesterday and recorded a lower low this morning at 1737.43. There is a major support level at 1735.80 for the precious metal.
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.2955||SHORT @ 1.2945||39% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||82.25||SHORT @ 82.25||52% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.6030||SHORT @ 1.6020||38% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0454||LONG @ 1.0454||28% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1735||LONG @ 1735||68% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||88.50||SHORT @ 88.50||78% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||09:00||M3 Money Supply Annual Growth in October||2.8%|
|.||USD||15:00||New Home Sales in December||390k|
|.||OIL||15:30||Crude Oil Inventories||0.4mil|
The US dollar (USD) rebounded off the support found at 6.5900 against the Swedish krone (SEK) yesterday, breaking through the resistance areas observed at 6.6400 and 6.6800. The pair now lies above 6.7000 and while retracements should be expected, as long as the 6.68 support remains intact there should be more potential for upside.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Samsung SM-A500 (aka Wallet-Friendly Galaxy Alpha) Clears TENAA Revealing Images And Specs
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- Chinese Property Developer Flees To New Zealand After China Arrests Vice-Mayor For Corrupt Deals
- Amazon Announces 7 New Kindles: Upgraded Amazon 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HDX Available Now On Pre-order